PDA

View Full Version : Bookcase recommendations

mumofone
05-11-2015, 10:40 PM
I'm looking for a bookcase that i can wall mount with shelves low down for little ones to get board books off of but higher shelves for paper books for older children. Any recommendations? Thank you :-)

BallyH
05-11-2015, 10:48 PM
I'm looking for a bookcase that i can wall mount with shelves low down for little ones to get board books off of but higher shelves for paper books for older children. Any recommendations? Thank you :-)

For low shelves, accessible to all ages, I use Ikea 'Mosslanda' photo/picture ledges. They are long and narrow and allow about 5-8 books to stand up on display. They are excellant for little hands when placed low on the wall. They cost roughly £5 each. Sorry I can't link a page.

mumofone
06-11-2015, 10:00 AM
For low shelves, accessible to all ages, I use Ikea 'Mosslanda' photo/picture ledges. They are long and narrow and allow about 5-8 books to stand up on display. They are excellant for little hands when placed low on the wall. They cost roughly £5 each. Sorry I can't link a page.

Thanks MOH, are the books held in reasonably securely without falling down?

BallyH
06-11-2015, 04:16 PM
No. They have to be placed on an angle. I think it's good as they stand side by side, so therefore bright and colourful. But they are knocked off easily but quickly placed back again. I use it for books on current planning themes. I also have books in a box in my ikea box shelving unit.