PDA

View Full Version : Glue pots?

mumofone
05-11-2015, 10:39 PM
I have just ordered a litre bottle of glue, but what do you guys decant yours into? Is there such a thing as glue pits or do you use the same kind of things you use for paint?
Sorry hope this makes sense!

BallyH
05-11-2015, 10:42 PM
I have just ordered a litre bottle of glue, but what do you guys decant yours into? Is there such a thing as glue pits or do you use the same kind of things you use for paint?
Sorry hope this makes sense!

I use the same as paint but only a little at a time as its hard to get it back into the original pot.

mumofone
05-11-2015, 10:47 PM
I have just ordered a litre bottle of glue, but what do you guys decant yours into? Is there such a thing as glue pits or do you use the same kind of things you use for paint? Sorry hope this makes sense!

Pots not pits!

Maza
05-11-2015, 11:01 PM
I use things from the recycling bin. Lids, pots etc.

FloraDora
06-11-2015, 07:07 AM
I use little film cannisters - you can put the lid on after and only use a small amount. This sits inside a recycled pot - lid off a polish spray currently... so the glue spreaders have somewhere to go too.

loocyloo
06-11-2015, 07:21 AM
I use the pots face cream comes in ... only put a little in, but the lid means it isn't wasted and we use the lids to rest spreaders in.

Evie125
06-11-2015, 07:23 AM
Hi, I do the same as Maza and use pots from recycling. I have also washed out a couple of the very small hand sanitiser bottles which children can squeeze glue out of- that seems to work well here, glue doesn't dry out because they have a lid and I just re- fill them ( making sure I clean the lid first or it won't come off next time!!!) x

bunyip
06-11-2015, 10:08 AM
We use cleaned yoghurt pots, ready-meal trays and the containers from Ferrero Roche* - depending on the size required for the project.

Don't know why we bother, as it all ends up on the Axminster anyway. :eek:

*We get them from our local play forum/scrapstore, before any member queries my excessive chocolate intake. :D

mumofone
06-11-2015, 10:31 AM
We use cleaned yoghurt pots, ready-meal trays and the containers from Ferrero Roche* - depending on the size required for the project. Don't know why we bother, as it all ends up on the Axminster anyway. :eek: *We get them from our local play forum/scrapstore, before any member queries my excessive chocolate intake. :D

Aha, clean yoghurt pots, I think I'll do that. Thanks everyone!! :-)

bunyip
06-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Aha, clean yoghurt pots, I think I'll do that. Thanks everyone!! :-)

Best using the shallow, wide ones, as the other type is easy to spill. You can lessen that risk by glueing the taller pots to an oversized square of card (PVA and a cereal pack will do fine.) Do this the night before and the glue is dry and ready to use by morning. :thumbsup:

Simona
06-11-2015, 12:19 PM
You can also buy glue pots that have lids and prevent any spillage.
the inner lid has a hole for the brushes...the top lid can be put on and closed to keep the glue from drying.

They are not expensive ...last forever and can go straight in the dishwasher.

mumofone
06-11-2015, 12:22 PM
You can also buy glue pots that have lids and prevent any spillage. the inner lid has a hole for the brushes...the top lid can be put on and closed to keep the glue from drying. They are not expensive ...last forever and can go straight in the dishwasher.

Oh these sound fab too, thanks Simona, are you able to link to them?

mumofone
06-11-2015, 12:23 PM
Best using the shallow, wide ones, as the other type is easy to spill. You can lessen that risk by glueing the taller pots to an oversized square of card (PVA and a cereal pack will do fine.) Do this the night before and the glue is dry and ready to use by morning. :thumbsup:

Oh good idea! :-)

Simona
06-11-2015, 01:16 PM
Oh these sound fab too, thanks Simona, are you able to link to them?

You can find them in any EY catalogue and ...I am sure...in Early Learning centre.
They are called 'non spill' glue containers.

Maza
06-11-2015, 02:13 PM
You can also buy glue pots that have lids and prevent any spillage.
the inner lid has a hole for the brushes...the top lid can be put on and closed to keep the glue from drying.

They are not expensive ...last forever and can go straight in the dishwasher.

I've been wondering what people put in their dishwasher for ages - in terms of resources that is. Would you put paint pots /trays in there (provided they are dishwasher safe)? I get sick of washing paint pots (I use recycled stuff that can just go back in the recycling as soon as I have done with it. If you do put stuff in the dishwasher, do you put it in a normal cycle with regular pots/plates or would you do it on its own?

Mouse
06-11-2015, 02:31 PM
Whatever you use for glue puts, start off with only a little bit of glue and add more if needed. I've found children will use every last drop of glue or paint on their pictures, so if you're not careful they end up with a soaking, soggy mess that takes days to dry. Children really will keep sticking or painting until it's all gone.

mumofone
06-11-2015, 02:37 PM
Whatever you use for glue puts, start off with only a little bit of glue and add more if needed. I've found children will use every last drop of glue or paint on their pictures, so if you're not careful they end up with a soaking, soggy mess that takes days to dry. Children really will keep sticking or painting until it's all gone.

Lol, I had a mindee who did this the other day. He was painting a paper plate and want getting the fact he couldn't just pile all the paint on!

Simona
06-11-2015, 02:41 PM
I've been wondering what people put in their dishwasher for ages - in terms of resources that is. Would you put paint pots /trays in there (provided they are dishwasher safe)? I get sick of washing paint pots (I use recycled stuff that can just go back in the recycling as soon as I have done with it. If you do put stuff in the dishwasher, do you put it in a normal cycle with regular pots/plates or would you do it on its own?

I put everything that will stand the temperature of around 50 or 60 degrees....so Duplo and Lego, paint brushes and all the plastic playdough items whether they are plastic or wooden...all comes out sparkling and disinfected.
I mix with other items as the rinse is very good...and no need to dry!

If bits are small I put them in a container so they don't go flying around during the wash cycle!!

Save your time and let the dishwasher do the talking!!

Simona
06-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Here you are Mumofone
These pots have stoppers but you can also buy the ones with the double lid I mentioned before!

Non Spill Paint Pots - Pack 30 | S & S Services (http://www.ss-services.co.uk/non-spill-paint-pots-pack-30?filter_name=non) spill glue pots

FloraDora
06-11-2015, 03:04 PM
I just give small amounts at a time - I rarely wash glue pots or spreaders...I love peeling it off when it's dried!
Do you just spread the lego and Duplo out on the rack in the dishwasher?
I wash plastic things in underwear bags in the washing machine.
Mr Floradora washes all my paint pots and art materials....by hand.....but it's a good job he is still poorly today as he would have taken a fit at the state of the salad spinner when we had finished spinning our firework pictures!
He washes up a lot during the day ...and this week whilst I have coped on my own I have put everything in the Dishwasher - or the children have... And I commented that I haven't hardly washed anything....but it seems he doesn't like to put the DW on so much...it uses up all the tablets!! In his old age he is going daft I think...he is quite happy to use the fairy liquid and water now....when he was the one that used to quote the Eco friendliness of the DW!

Maza
06-11-2015, 03:09 PM
I just give small amounts at a time - I rarely wash glue pots or spreaders...I love peeling it off when it's dried!
Mr Floradora washes all my paint pots and art materials....by hand.....but it's a good job he is still poorly today as he would have taken a fit at the state of the salad spinner when we had finished spinning our firework pictures!
He washes up a lot during the day ...and this week whilst I have coped on my own I have put everything in the Dishwasher - or the children have... And I commented that I haven't hardly washed anything....but it seems he doesn't like to put the DW on so much...it uses up all the tablets!! In his old age he is going daft I think...he is quite happy to use the fairy liquid and water now....when he was the one that used to quote the Eco friendliness of the DW!

Mr Maza is the same when it comes to dishwashing tablets.

mumofone
06-11-2015, 06:01 PM
Here you are Mumofone These pots have stoppers but you can also buy the ones with the double lid I mentioned before! Non Spill Paint Pots - Pack 30 | S & S Services (http://www.ss-services.co.uk/non-spill-paint-pots-pack-30?filter_name=non) spill glue pots

Oh fab thx simona, ive got these for my paint already so great I can use them for glue too :-)

loocyloo
06-11-2015, 06:52 PM
Mr Maza is the same when it comes to dishwashing tablets.

We break the tablets in half and I can't tell the difference in the cleaning quality. I only use a whole one when there is a really dirty load!

Simona
06-11-2015, 07:16 PM

No...I just filled every little space available to put big Duplo and Lego between the other items....or did a d/washer load just for toys....saved on my time!
Using the d/washer turns out to be a lot cheaper than hand washing ...that is so time consuming and I could drain the boiler cold with all the rinsing required!

Not sure but the cost of one tablet is around 20 pence ...and you can claim it via your cleaning materials!

Simona
06-11-2015, 08:35 PM
Lol, I had a mindee who did this the other day. He was painting a paper plate and want getting the fact he couldn't just pile all the paint on!

That is sensory ...and children do it with paint and glue and cornflour....fab feeling for them and very cheap.
I am a bit confused as to your request to link to non spill pots when you actually use them already?

I am going crazy here...why ask for ideas when you already use what I think is the best?
Just curious to know whether you have access to the Internet or just use your smartphone?...glass of wine needed now!

mumofone
06-11-2015, 09:05 PM
That is sensory ...and children do it with paint and glue and cornflour....fab feeling for them and very cheap. I am a bit confused as to your request to link to non spill pots when you actually use them already? I am going crazy here...why ask for ideas when you already use what I think is the best? Just curious to know whether you have access to the Internet or just use your smartphone?...glass of wine needed now!

Why dyou always get so nasty Simona?

I was asking what was best thing to put glue in was as I haven't yet started using liquid glue with mindees just pritt sticks so far.

I couldn't think of the best thing to put it in.

I already have those paint pots but had no idea they were what you called them and hadn't even considered putting glue in them.

Yes I do have the Internet but am on my phone most of the time as its much easier to use throughout a regular day.

Is that ok with you?

loocyloo
06-11-2015, 09:35 PM

I was asking what was best thing to put glue in was as I haven't yet started using liquid glue with mindees just pritt sticks so far.

I already have those paint pots but had no idea they were what you called them and hadn't even considered putting glue in them.

Yes I do have the Internet but am on my phone most of the time as its much easier to use throughout a regular day.

Is that ok with you?

sometimes I think it is best to try a few things and see what works for you, before asking what everyone else does. I USED to use old yogurt pots etc, until one day I had an old face cream pot lying around and used that and realised I could put a lid on it! but then I have to store them somewhere, where as old yogurts pot went back in the recycling!

personally, I always use pva glue as I find the pritt stick type glue just never really sticks anything! ( I do use pritt sticks in LJs though! )

I find I know look at everything in my house with a different 'eye' and think ' hmmmm I could use that for XYZ ' Dh has just bought a new cupboard to put the phone and stuff on ( and hide a zillion wires from curious mindees ( phone cables! not electrical ) and said what shall we do with the old 'hall table' ???? guess what .... he is going to cut down the legs and I will have a new little low table! I'm also planning on asking him to put an edge on it, so I can fit a sensory tray on it, with it it being to be pushed off !!! :0) or as floradora said ... salad spinner for painting ... just hope mine comes clean! ( mind you - don't know when I last used it for spinning lettuce! )

mumofone
06-11-2015, 09:41 PM
sometimes I think it is best to try a few things and see what works for you, before asking what everyone else does. I USED to use old yogurt pots etc, until one day I had an old face cream pot lying around and used that and realised I could put a lid on it! but then I have to store them somewhere, where as old yogurts pot went back in the recycling! personally, I always use pva glue as I find the pritt stick type glue just never really sticks anything! ( I do use pritt sticks in LJs though! ) I find I know look at everything in my house with a different 'eye' and think ' hmmmm I could use that for XYZ ' Dh has just bought a new cupboard to put the phone and stuff on ( and hide a zillion wires from curious mindees ( phone cables! not electrical ) and said what shall we do with the old 'hall table' ???? guess what .... he is going to cut down the legs and I will have a new little low table! I'm also planning on asking him to put an edge on it, so I can fit a sensory tray on it, with it it being to be pushed off !!! :0) or as floradora said ... salad spinner for painting ... just hope mine comes clean! ( mind you - don't know when I last used it for spinning lettuce! )

Where's the harm in asking what others do? I don't see the issue with it. I don't understand some of the posts on this forum a lot of the time I have to say but I appear to be in the minority. If someone asked me what I did i wouldn't be put out or offended or suggest before they ask me that they try out all their own ideas first!

Simona
06-11-2015, 10:09 PM

Is that ok with you?

I think you are seeing nasty where no one has even gone that way...I was curious about your question and questioned your use of Internet as I thought you may not be able to access it and put links here?
There is no harm in asking and we are here to share our points of view....Loocyloo is right when she says we need to try things ....what works and what doesn't.

mumofone
06-11-2015, 10:37 PM
I think you are seeing nasty where no one has even gone that way...I was curious about your question and questioned your use of Internet as I thought you may not be able to access it and put links here? There is no harm in asking and we are here to share our points of view....Loocyloo is right when she says we need to try things ....what works and what doesn't.

You seemed to be getting your knickers in a twist that i was already using the paint pots you recommended??! And then you were asking if I had access to the Internet?!

You seem to suffer from a dreadful superiority complex Simona whereby you always have to be right. I've said it before that it gets a bit tiring. If you don't like my posts then don't respond.

FloraDora
06-11-2015, 10:38 PM

Is that ok with you?

I feel the urge to stick up for Simona ( not that she needs it) I don't see her suggestion as nasty, I have thought the same as her mumofone, and wondered about your internet access. You are great at starting threads which gets us all thinking...but rarely contribute...even though when I asked the other day in a thread about your tips you put forward some great thoughts. My first port of call these days in Google or pinterest and I find a wealth of ideas and different philosophies about early years, there is no harm in suggesting that you do the same.
I have felt your 'edge' too, ( like your need to say someone is nasty)..when some threads don't go your way....but that's the problem with forums, texts, emails...when you write something or read something you can't see the body language or the facial expression that goes with it so you can't tell if it is a positive or a negative vibe...for instance ...your last phrase ' Is that ok with you? If said to someone with a smile would render it a little bit sarcastic but no malice.and a little laugh at the end would be quite friendly..on the other hand said with a grimace and it would come over as aggressive.
On the other hand Simona - I wouldn't use your pots for glue as my LO's would spread forever, I tend to limit the glue but I do have similar for paint and water. But I do take on board that glue is good for sensory so maybe on occasions I will offer a big tub of it..pva glue does drip wonderfully! Your link was a good price too.

mumofone
06-11-2015, 10:57 PM
I feel the urge to stick up for Simona ( not that she needs it) I don't see her suggestion as nasty, I have thought the same as her mumofone, and wondered about your internet access. You are great at starting threads which gets us all thinking...but rarely contribute...even though when I asked the other day in a thread about your tips you put forward some great thoughts. My first port of call these days in Google or pinterest and I find a wealth of ideas and different philosophies about early years, there is no harm in suggesting that you do the same.
I have felt your 'edge' too, ( like your need to say someone is nasty)..when some threads don't go your way....but that's the problem with forums, texts, emails...when you write something or read something you can't see the body language or the facial expression that goes with it so you can't tell if it is a positive or a negative vibe...for instance ...your last phrase ' Is that ok with you? If said to someone with a smile would render it a little bit sarcastic but no malice.and a little laugh at the end would be quite friendly..on the other hand said with a grimace and it would come over as aggressive.
On the other hand Simona - I wouldn't use your pots for glue as my LO's would spread forever, I tend to limit the glue but I do have similar for paint and water. But I do take on board that glue is good for sensory so maybe on occasions I will offer a big tub of it..pva glue does drip wonderfully! Your link was a good price too.

That's fine flora, I don't think you or i are on the same page either!
I'm not on pininterest or facebook or twitter so don't access any of these mediums as they require me to set up an account which for various reasons i dont wish to.
I start lots of threads to get responses I am having issues with.
I feel i respond to lots of threads too so not sure what that's about. Equally i feel others are good at responding but rarely start a thread themselves.
Yeh i could easily go on google and type "glue pots" or similar but I would be hit with a million hits when, in my humble opinion, its more worthwhile and helpful to ask childminders who have a wealth of experience using these kind of things day in, day out with the same aged kids im working with and probably on a similar budget to me etc for their advice.
No posts on here get my back up so I don't understand why you guys should be so tetchy about mine. If I read a post that sounds silly or doesnt interest me, I read it and move on so maybe if you dont like my threads or posts you could do the same?

mumofone
06-11-2015, 11:00 PM

Just to add - I noticed you pointedly asked me what my tips and tricks were the other day as if I hadn't thought of any or wasn't willing to share. Theres no need to read my posts with such suspicion and derision you know!

And likewise Simona got her knickers in a twist when i didnt post the link to a blog i mentioned as if i was actively not trying to help her!

Simona
06-11-2015, 11:13 PM
Just to add - I noticed you pointedly asked me what my tips and tricks were the other day as if I hadn't thought of any or wasn't willing to share. Theres no need to read my posts with such suspicion and derision you know!

And likewise Simona got her knickers in a twist when i didnt post the link to a blog i mentioned as if i was actively not trying to help her!

Can we start again on this Mumofone...and I want to reassure you my knickers are far from being twisted.
we are here to help each other but you seem to have issues with how we respond...let's move on as we all have different style in our expressions ..?Bear in mind English is not everyone's first language

mumofone
06-11-2015, 11:21 PM
Can we start again on this Mumofone...and I want to reassure you my knickers are far from being twisted. we are here to help each other but you seem to have issues with how we respond...let's move on as we all have different style in our expressions ..?Bear in mind English is not everyone's first language

Your post is contradictory Simona. You say we're here to help one another and that's my whole premise for using this forum - to get and give help. However your responses to my questions are often derisory rather than helpful.

Maza
06-11-2015, 11:27 PM
To be fair, I didn't realise that those were the pots that Simona was describing - an excellent, thorough description though. A plausible mistake on Mumofone's part.

I know I have said things which got people's back up or offended/irritated them - I find generally that a quick and sincere (not necessarily grovelling) apology and a light hearted comment usually diffuses the situation. I know I get that impression when others have used the same strategy when conflicts arise. Aggressive, defensive responses can make people bear/bare(?) grudges. Don't rise to it.

I think there is a bit of unspoken etiquette for the forum that can take a while to realise, especially when we are so busy establishing our new careers.

mumofone
06-11-2015, 11:28 PM
To be fair, I didn't realise that those were the pots that Simona was describing - an excellent, thorough description though. A plausible mistake on Mumofone's part. I know I have said things which got people's back up or offended/irritated them - I find generally that a quick and sincere (not necessarily grovelling) apology and a light hearted comment usually diffuses the situation. I know I get that impression when others have used the same strategy when conflicts arise. Aggressive, defensive responses can make people bear/bare(?) grudges. Don't rise to it. I think there is a bit of unspoken etiquette for the forum that can take a while to realise, especially when we are so busy establishing our new careers.

Ok maza would you like to share the etiquette I am missing whilst establishing my new career?

Simona
06-11-2015, 11:45 PM
Your post is contradictory Simona. You say we're here to help one another and that's my whole premise for using this forum - to get and give help. However your responses to my questions are often derisory rather than helpful.

No Mumofone...that is the way you see my replies.
I have said before I am factual and you do not seem to like that...I have not derided you...just put questions back to you which you find challenging but are meant to trigger reflection for all.

I think I can say for sure I try to share information the best way I can and keep cms informed ...if you need an apology I give it to you but not sure what I am apologising for?
As I said ' let's start again'

mumofone
06-11-2015, 11:57 PM
No Mumofone...that is the way you see my replies. I have said before I am factual and you do not seem to like that...I have not derided you...just put questions back to you which you find challenging but are meant to trigger reflection for all. I think I can say for sure I try to share information the best way I can and keep cms informed ...if you need an apology I give it to you but not sure what I am apologising for? As I said ' let's start again'

I'm not "challenged" by your questions Simona, rather bemused.

I didn't anticipate a thread about what to put my pva glue in to get so feisty.

It was supposed to go something more like this:

Mumofone: guys what do you recommend I use to put glue in when doing arts and crafts with my mindees.

Nice helpful forum user: oh I use wide, shallow yoghurt pots, free and recyclable :-)

Mumofone: oh that's great nice helpful forum user, I hadn't considered using those, thank you. I'll try them out next week when my glue order arrives.

The end xxxxx

FussyElmo
07-11-2015, 08:22 AM
I do hope that you have all released your tensions towards each other in this thread :D

I hope that this thread now gets back to the topic of what we use as glue pots :thumbsup:

Mouse
07-11-2015, 08:50 AM
My family took a liking to Cadbury's Pots of Joy and, as they always seemed to be on offer, I kept buying them. The pots they come in are great - sturdy and a good size for paint, glue and anything else that needs a pot.

The problem is, I now have hundreds of them as I can't bring myself to throw any of them away! They wash really easily and don't get squashed so never wear out. The pile keeps growing and I'm running out of space in the cupboard next to the empty take away containers, foil trays, shiny sweet wrappers and all the other bits and bobs that I don't throw away because I know they'll come in handy one day!

natlou82
07-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Back to glue pots :-) I use any small recyclable pots I can find. My current pot of choice is raspberry ripple pots - very cheap pots of ice cream (treat pudding ;-) about 70p for 6 in asda. I usually reuse them too as they can be washed out although I'm not sure if they could withstand the dishwasher temp.

FussyElmo
07-11-2015, 08:57 AM
My family took a liking to Cadbury's Pots of Joy and, as they always seemed to be on offer, I kept buying them. The pots they come in are great - sturdy and a good size for paint, glue and anything else that needs a pot.

The problem is, I now have hundreds of them as I can't bring myself to throw any of them away! They wash really easily and don't get squashed so never wear out. The pile keeps growing and I'm running out of space in the cupboard next to the empty take away containers, foil trays, shiny sweet wrappers and all the other bits and bobs that I don't throw away because I know they'll come in handy one day!

Love the little pots of joy especially the chocolate orange ones mmmmm.

Must admit I have never though about using them as glue pots but Im the worst childminder in the world recycling goes in the recycling bin :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Mouse
07-11-2015, 09:25 AM
Love the little pots of joy especially the chocolate orange ones mmmmm.

Must admit I have never though about using them as glue pots but Im the worst childminder in the world recycling goes in the recycling bin :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I like the chocolate orange ones because the pots are orange! All the others are purple, so I made my lot eat chocolate orange Pots of Joy just so I could have some different coloured pots!

I save way too much stuff, but I always think it might come in handy one day. My own kids think it's a real achievement if they manage to get something into the recycling bin without me nabbing it first. One of my boys was delighted to announce he'd thrown away his pudding pot without me noticing. They boys were all high-fiving round the kitchen as if they'd just won something amazing!

Simona
07-11-2015, 09:26 AM
I do hope that you have all released your tensions towards each other in this thread :D

I hope that this thread now gets back to the topic of what we use as glue pots :thumbsup:

It would be really very good if you would not assume there is any tension FE....I have better things to do than get tense over glue pots!...please do not patronise members and arrive smacking our hands for being naughty.

Maybe if you read the thread you would understand this is just a misinterpretation of how people express themselves...others seem to see it that way but be assured I expect no defense from some.....as said I can defend myself.

I fail to understand what I have done wrong by putting a link to glue pots that the OP already has despite asking anyone what do we use?

Please give me strength....this is not the first time Mumofone has had a little disagreement with members and she appears to have forgotten the PM she sent me and my reply to her.

Have a good Saturday everyone...I am off to a coffee morning with a bunch of women who really appreciate discussion and respect for others!!

Please feel free to delete this thread ...it serves no purpose to anyone and adds nothing to CPPD!
Long live little yoghurt pots ...or Ferrero Rocher containers to hold our PVA glue and prevent it spilling the precious carpets!

Simona
07-11-2015, 09:32 AM
Back to glue pots :-) I use any small recyclable pots I can find. My current pot of choice is raspberry ripple pots - very cheap pots of ice cream (treat pudding ;-) about 70p for 6 in asda. I usually reuse them too as they can be washed out although I'm not sure if they could withstand the dishwasher temp.

Totally agree...the thread always was about glue pots...nothing else!
Next time I will certainly think twice before I spend my own precious time looking for links that can easily be googled!!

Simona
07-11-2015, 09:35 AM
To be fair, I didn't realise that those were the pots that Simona was describing - an excellent, thorough description though. A plausible mistake on Mumofone's part.

I know I have said things which got people's back up or offended/irritated them - I find generally that a quick and sincere (not necessarily grovelling) apology and a light hearted comment usually diffuses the situation. I know I get that impression when others have used the same strategy when conflicts arise. Aggressive, defensive responses can make people bear/bare(?) grudges. Don't rise to it.

I think there is a bit of unspoken etiquette for the forum that can take a while to realise, especially when we are so busy establishing our new careers.

Sorry to go back Maza...you are right ...these were not the glue pots I was describing as there 2 types
The ones with a stopper...as in the link...and the ones with double lids.
I tried to explain as best I could but failed.

mumofone
07-11-2015, 09:45 AM
Totally agree...the thread always was about glue pots...nothing else! Next time I will certainly think twice before I spend my own precious time looking for links that can easily be googled!!

Everything and anything in the world can be googled. So if we all take that attitude why don't we do away with this forum altogether as anyone posting a question about anything from glue pots to next steps to observations can just google it.

Let's not bother to ask anyone their ideas or recommendations for nice Diwali or Remembrance Day activities for their mindees or anything because we can all pininterest it ourselves as flora so helpfully pointed out.

In fact I'm wondering what purpose this forum serves at all. I mean why are we all even talking to one another when we could talk to our families at home instead.

How stupid of me.

I'll leave and spend my childminding career on Google instead.

FussyElmo
07-11-2015, 09:51 AM
It would be really very good if you would not assume there is any tension FE....I have better things to do than get tense over glue pots!...please do not patronise members and arrive smacking our hands for being naughty.

Maybe if you read the thread you would understand this is just a misinterpretation of how people express themselves...others seem to see it that way but be assured I expect no defense from some.....as said I can defend myself.

I fail to understand what I have done wrong by putting a link to glue pots that the OP already has despite asking anyone what do we use?

Please give me strength....this is not the first time Mumofone has had a little disagreement with members and she appears to have forgotten the PM she sent me and my reply to her.

Have a good Saturday everyone...I am off to a coffee morning with a bunch of women who really appreciate discussion and respect for others!!

Please feel free to delete this thread ...it serves no purpose to anyone and adds nothing to CPPD!
Long live little yoghurt pots ...or Ferrero Rocher containers to hold our PVA glue and prevent it spilling the precious carpets!

I see no reason to delete the thread unless the op herself wants it deleted.

if there is no tension why bring up pms that have been sent and replied too?

I will also point out it is you who have said smacking hands over being naughty perhaps you are now guilty of misinterpreting my response which nothing more than a light hearted attempt to get all member back to topic in hand.

I hope you enjoy your coffee morning :D

FussyElmo
07-11-2015, 10:01 AM
But seeing as the topic of this post has now been lost instead of deleting it I will close it.

Because like so many of us I have plans for the day :D