PDA

View Full Version : 2 under two?

mumofone
05-11-2015, 06:42 PM
Is anyone dealing with two non walkers under two? How dyou cope when they're both vying for your attention, both pulling At you and wanting to be comforted and held? Also if I'm bottle feeding the younger how do I stop the other getting jealous and interfering? Some points in the day just get really stressful with the logistics so any advice or help is much appreciated! :-)

moggy
05-11-2015, 07:18 PM
I often find myself sitting on the floor with both one year olds on top of me for cuddles. Then the 2 year old gets jealous and tries to squeeze in between too.
I have not had much need for bottle feeding as mostly I take on 10-11mth olds who drop their bottles at 12mths... but a special box of bits and pieces just for feed times might help- change the contents every so often so it is new and exciting. Can they other(s) have a drink/snack at the same time to keep them busy?

loocyloo
05-11-2015, 08:30 PM
Lots of sitting on the floor with everything more or less within reach!
Lots of stories I knew very well that I could read as I fed and lots of songs to sing!

I had 3 aged 10mths - 14 mths when they started! Chaos, especially when they all started walking at about the same time. But now at 20mths - almost 2, it's great fun.

Mad as it sounds ... enjoy it ... They don't stay small for long!

Maza
05-11-2015, 08:53 PM
One of the best pieces of advice I have ever been given is to remember that 'everything is just a phase'. Before you know it this phase will have passed and you will be surprised at how quickly you forget it ever existed (until you go through it again with the next bunch of kids). Soon they'll be onto another phase causing you different challenges!

If one of the children is your own, then the guilt multiplies - and they seem to know it and sometimes play on it! Do you have to sit and bottle feed? Could they not feed themselves?