PDA

View Full Version : EXHAUSTED LITTLE GIRL?

LOOPYLISA
06-08-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi as some of you are aware i look after my neice she will be 2 in november, she arrives in the morning around 7.15 and is absolutly shattered, i know its early but the problem is she sometimes isnt in bed much before 10 at home, and half the time its not even her own cot:eek:its mum and dads bed, last night mum said she didnt want to get up this morning we went out last night she said, went to bed around 11,(well their bed), i put her down to sleep this morning she didnt wake up much before 10.30!, its not now thats the problem its when i have other minded children, i suppose because they are family im always going to find it tricky, shes not the easiest person to talk to, any suggestions how i can basicaly say get her to bed early!!!!!!!!!!phew prob my longest thread ever:D There is also no routine whatsoever at home.

Pudding Girl
06-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Nope sorry as bascially, neice or not, it's none of your business how they choose to parent - sorry but there it is!

fionamal
06-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Just tell them straight that your concerned for your neice as she needs an early bed routine as shes too shattered to take part in any activities when shes with you.

Poor wee soul.

LOOPYLISA
06-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Just tell them straight that your concerned for your neice as she needs an early bed routine as shes too shattered to take part in any activities when shes with you.

Poor wee soul.

Yes your right thankyou x

Pipsqueak
06-08-2008, 03:06 PM
I agree with George - tbh its not really up to us to comment upon what parents (family or not) do at home with their off spring but I agree with Fiona in saying that young lady seems to be awfully tired and it you cannot involve her in activities.

Difficult one I agree:eek:

brillminder
06-08-2008, 04:26 PM
a hard one just let them know in subtle ways :)

Bushpig
06-08-2008, 05:20 PM
I would definately comment how tired she is... and how it's affecting her when she's with you.. our role as childminder is to speak openly and honestly with our parents.

Let her know how you keep to routines in your home etc. in passing conversation (not necessarily related toher own child even...). Some people just do NOT think of the necessity for routines etc. Mention how important it is for little ones to have their routines and proper sleepy times. Keep it casual and do not refer to her at all.

I personally would rather diplomatically offend someone than let a child suffer like this. I know how much I need my sleep... for a child it's so much more of a necessity!

LOOPYLISA
06-08-2008, 05:24 PM
I would definately comment how tired she is... and how it's affecting her when she's with you.. our role as childminder is to speak openly and honestly with our parents.

Let her know how you keep to routines in your home etc. in passing conversation (not necessarily related toher own child even...). Some people just do NOT think of the necessity for routines etc. Mention how important it is for little ones to have their routines and proper sleepy times. Keep it casual and do not refer to her at all.

I personally would rather diplomatically offend someone than let a child suffer like this. I know how much I need my sleep... for a child it's so much more of a necessity!

Brill advice thankyou x

miffy
06-08-2008, 05:44 PM

I agree with Jen - as long as you can explain without making it personal and try to get mum to see the effect it's having on her little one she might give it some thought and change how she does things.

You have to be prepared that it makes no difference whatsoever and then you can only carry on doing what you are doing

Good luck

Miffy xx

breezy
06-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Jen's right, just be really diplomatic and subtle and she shouldn't get offended and mention how tired the child is with you.

kindredspirits
06-08-2008, 08:44 PM
i'd put it in a positive way - did you know she seems so tired i think you could get her to bed earlier and get your evenings back. at the end of the day you can only suggest stuff but perhaps they just try and wear her out as she struggles getting to sleep. with my LO i have to lie in his bed for an hour some nights before he sleeps!