PDA

View Full Version : Notice period

Ellisha
03-11-2015, 01:54 PM
I have LO 2 days a week. His mum is having a baby in a few months so LO will be leaving me. Mum wants to work right up to the day she gives birth if possible so doesn't want to give me a definite end date, as things could change closer to the time of the birth. Contract states 4 weeks notice, but I want to be reasonably flexible for her, without losing too much money. I have another Mum who would like to start about a month after the due date so I need to make sure I have a space!

Does anyone have any experience of this sort of situation? Or any advice?

clareelizabeth1
03-11-2015, 02:17 PM
They often dont allow you to go more than two weeks over your due date without intervention so your unlikely to have a problem.

If you are worried just give mum notice saying last day will be x but obviously dont charge her if she leaves early.

JCrakers
03-11-2015, 02:28 PM
As expectant Mum will be leaving I would give priority to the New family. Sign them up and just work your finishing date around the new family. If Mum is expecting a month before new family is due you shouldn't have an overlap at all.

Ellisha
03-11-2015, 02:47 PM
Thanks for your replies. What if baby comes early? I mean a month early, rather than a couple of days. As Mum wants the last day to be as soon as baby is born, but as we have no idea when that is she may want to leave earlier than I anticipate. Is it reasonable that the end date might be any date?