PDA

View Full Version : I hate that programme

tess1981
30-10-2015, 01:34 PM
I know we had a conversation about what children programmes get on our nerves but I really can't stand Bing. We have all just sat down after lunch and DS is cleaning up for me so I sat with the children to watch TV while I don't have to clean up. Bing was on and I must say I really dislike him... A whiny spoilt yapping character.... even hid voice annoys me... phew feel better lol

mumofone
30-10-2015, 01:39 PM
I know we had a conversation about what children programmes get on our nerves but I really can't stand Bing. We have all just sat down after lunch and DS is cleaning up for me so I sat with the children to watch TV while I don't have to clean up. Bing was on and I must say I really dislike him... A whiny spoilt yapping character.... even hid voice annoys me... phew feel better lol

Lol. I'm always wondering around saying "I am a shape, I am a shape"! What's that from?!!!

mumofone
30-10-2015, 01:40 PM
That Justin Mr tumble guy is an irritant too isn't he?!

clareelizabeth1
30-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Lol. I'm always wondering around saying "I am a shape, I am a shape"! What's that from?!!!

Thats from Mr Maker

tammys-tots
30-10-2015, 02:36 PM
I don't have a TV :) i was asked by another cm sometime ago 'what do the children do all day?'

SYLVIA
30-10-2015, 02:53 PM

Totally agree with you. If he's not whining about something, he's spoiling something that belongs to someone else

tess1981
30-10-2015, 04:37 PM
Totally agree with you. If he's not whining about something, he's spoiling something that belongs to someone else

or stealing lolly pops or breaking things grrr lol

FussyElmo
30-10-2015, 06:17 PM
Not seen it but Im now thinking its a good job I havent :D

Mouse
30-10-2015, 06:30 PM
I recorded a couple of episodes as one mum told me how good it was.

She lied.

It's awful! I let her child watch it after lunch one day as he'd been going on about it and couldn't believe how dreadful it was with that whining, baby voice. I'd rate it every bit as bad as Peppa Pig who is a bossy, spoiled brat!

natlou82
30-10-2015, 06:32 PM
I put Bing on one day and couldn't believe how awful it was! I've never put it on again!

bunyip
30-10-2015, 06:50 PM

Abso-clucking-lootley. What, in the local vernacular, would be called " a proper mard-ar5e."

Mister Maker............ a deeply scary character. He reminds me of a sort of oversized 15 year old who manages to get served in a seedy bar, can't hold his drink and starts talking too excitedly in the mistaken belief that he's really interesting and will 'pull' anytime soon. I hold him responsible for many a traumatic afternoon with the grandchildren demanding I spend 3/4 of an hour gathering together £20 of materials for them to spend 5 whole frustrating minutes reaching the inevitable point of disillusionment where they gradually realise (again) that his "minute makes" just don't work. Or, worse still, they do work, and I'm condemned to an evening wondering what to do with a life-sized cheeseburger made from washing-up sponges, and how I'm going to explain to Mrs B why the washing up didn't get done. :p

Justin aka Mr Tumble aka Lord Tumble aka Justin's House aka Mr Tumbule aka Jake aka doG knows what else...... very irritating and far too ubiquitous.

A lot of children's TV puts me in mind of that Groucho Marx line:-

"I must say I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a good book."

blue bear
30-10-2015, 07:24 PM
I don't have a TV :) i was asked by another cm sometime ago 'what do the children do all day?'

That made me laugh out loud.

Yesterday a five year old asked if we could have home made cinema with popcorn, the eight year old pops up Do you know I don't think I've ever seen your TV on. :)

Maza
30-10-2015, 08:48 PM
I don't mind Mr Tumble in Mr Tumble but can't stand Gigglebiz. I also don't mind Peppa Pig.

I HATE boogie beebies and Granny Murrray and Balamory. Hate that pirate one too.

There are some newish sweet little programmes but I can't think of their names. Some of them make me nostalgic when I see them again as they reminded me of simpler (but sleep deprived) times when DD was about two and there were no school runs to dominate my day.

kellib
30-10-2015, 10:31 PM
I don't mind Bing and I love Mr Tumble! Even like Balamory and Me Too but that's just cos they are Scottish lol. My son was obsessed with Balamory when he was wee, I still know every episode by heart 8 years later!

The one I cannot stand is Curious George!!

Ellisha
31-10-2015, 07:49 AM
I've never seen Bing - I might watch it just to see what I'm missing out on!

Anything Mr Tumble related makes me leave the room - when I only have my DD and DS here! We don't watch much TV when the mindees are here, generally a bit of Peppa if I'm desperate!

bunyip
31-10-2015, 06:28 PM
I don't mind Bing and I love Mr Tumble! Even like Balamory and Me Too but that's just cos they are Scottish lol. My son was obsessed with Balamory when he was wee, I still know every episode by heart 8 years later!

The one I cannot stand is Curious George!!

That's a point: is there any programme on CBeebies which isn't either Scottish or stars Mr Tumble? :huh:

I have a client parent whose background is Scots. He jokes that the producers of Balamory have tried to tick every 'diversity' box going, but wouldn't dare set it in his home town as the populace would beat them all up for "being different". :eek:

I'd love to know which salon does that freaky thing with Julie Hoolie's hair..........................and how they subsequetly stay in business. :p

hectors house
03-11-2015, 05:47 PM
That's a point: is there any programme on CBeebies which isn't either Scottish or stars Mr Tumble? :huh:

I have a client parent whose background is Scots. He jokes that the producers of Balamory have tried to tick every 'diversity' box going, but wouldn't dare set it in his home town as the populace would beat them all up for "being different". :eek:

I'd love to know which salon does that freaky thing with Julie Hoolie's hair..........................and how they subsequetly stay in business. :p

I think Miss Hoolie probably goes to the hairdressers in the car park by the Tobermory distillery - maybe the staff like to pop round for a wee dram! I love Balamory (Tobermory) - we were going to move there about 10 years ago but it fell through. :(

lollipop kid
03-11-2015, 09:55 PM
I think Miss Hoolie probably goes to the hairdressers in the car park by the Tobermory distillery - maybe the staff like to pop round for a wee dram! I love Balamory (Tobermory) - we were going to move there about 10 years ago but it fell through. :(

Tobermory? I always thought he was a Womble!

:D

LK

Tealady
03-11-2015, 10:09 PM
Hey Dugee is very cute. Even my nearly 10 year old belly laughs at bits.

I'm not keen on Bing. More so when his carer says "xxxxx; it's a Bing thing". DS is incredulous at this bit as the Bing thing is something applicable to everyone.

bunyip
06-11-2015, 09:37 AM
Just a thought................

If we're going to give the "Sulkiest Mammal on Children's TV" award to Bing, who gets the one for "Sulkiest Human on Children's TV"?

I nominate the younger version of Tracy Beaker, with Tig* (the Scots lass who manages to be less appealing than her own spider) running a close second.

Any other nominations................................?

*I suspect even her parents realise this. Why else would they give her a name that is so descriptive when written sdrawkcab? :rolleyes:

Maza
06-11-2015, 09:39 AM

If we're going to give the "Sulkiest Mammal on Children's TV" award to Bing, who gets the one for "Sulkiest Human on Children's TV"?

I nominate the younger version of Tracy Beaker, with Tig* (the Scots lass who manages to be less appealing than her own spider) running a close second.

*I suspect even her parents realise this. Why else would they give her a name that is so descriptive when written sdrawkcab? :rolleyes:

Do you mean 'Woolly and Tig'? I love that programme, I thinks it's really sweet. If everyone comes on here and says they also can't stand it I'm going to start worrying that there is something wrong with me!

bunyip
06-11-2015, 10:04 AM
Do you mean 'Woolly and Tig'? I love that programme, I thinks it's really sweet. If everyone comes on here and says they also can't stand it I'm going to start worrying that there is something wrong with me!

Each to their own...............:D

I'm still trying to work out the parents. Last time I looked, her "Daddy" was a copper on Taggart, and he had a boyfriend. Now he seems to have settled down to raise a family.

I wonder if/when "Mammy" is going to take Tig aside and have a little chat that the man she calls "Daddy".................er...............isn't.......:p

Maza
06-11-2015, 12:02 PM
Each to their own...............:D

I'm still trying to work out the parents. Last time I looked, her "Daddy" was a copper on Taggart, and he had a boyfriend. Now he seems to have settled down to raise a family.

I wonder if/when "Mammy" is going to take Tig aside and have a little chat that the man she calls "Daddy".................er...............isn't.......:p

Maybe he went to Mrs Rabbit's (from Peppa Pig/Pippa Peg) school of multi-tasking.

cookiesncream
06-11-2015, 02:48 PM
I wish they would bring back Green Balloon Club, I could watch Nature Chris all day;)

BallyH
06-11-2015, 06:58 PM

I'm very handy with scissors, well on boys' hair anyway. I would like to trim 'Melody's' fringe.

Maza
06-11-2015, 09:11 PM
I've never really got Ben and Holly, but I HATE The Little Princess.

tess1981
06-11-2015, 11:45 PM
I've never really got Ben and Holly, but I HATE The Little Princess.

Never really liked her either bring back button moon grotbag and greenclause

hectors house
07-11-2015, 11:16 AM
Never really liked her either bring back button moon grotbag and greenclause

I don't think I ever saw Button Moon on the TV but had the videos and used to love going to watch live shows at our local theatre.

Wish they would bring back Rosie & Jim too.

lollipop kid
07-11-2015, 11:58 AM
"Horrid Henry" is banned in our house.

:censored:

LK

loocyloo
07-11-2015, 07:12 PM
"Horrid Henry" is banned in our house.

:censored:

LK

And mine! :-)

TinyTinker
07-11-2015, 08:02 PM
it's not so much the annoying whining bunny that gets to me about Bing - it's the fact that the giant 'child' animals are looked after by tiny sensible adult figure knitted creatures! what on earth is that about?

Maza
07-11-2015, 09:13 PM
it's not so much the annoying whining bunny that gets to me about Bing - it's the fact that the giant 'child' animals are looked after by tiny sensible adult figure knitted creatures! what on earth is that about?

Now I'm intrigued. I'm going to have to tune in next week.

BallyH
07-11-2015, 10:39 PM
Part of the music during Bing is the same ringtone as one of the alarms on my mobile and it drives me nuts.

bunyip
08-11-2015, 09:29 PM

Maybe it's a Zen thing................ like Iggle Piggle's boat. :huh:

natlou82
08-11-2015, 10:39 PM
I'm thinking better to stay switched off!

alex__17
09-11-2015, 08:10 AM
I got a Bing episode off on demand the other day for a mindee who loves it, I've never watched it and she was shattered and needed a 10 minute chill out after lunch.
It came on and I was thinking they're not even speaking properly, after 5 minutes of the mindee translating as she'd obviously watched it a million times I googled what language it's in, turned out I'd downloaded the Welsh version which is why it made no sense to me! Got one in English, wasn't that much more impressed but at least we could understand the language, I can't believe we watched so much of it without me twigging (in my defence I was writing daily diaries at the time!)

lollipop kid
09-11-2015, 10:33 AM

I love that programme, too. I always suspected it was a Daddy and daughter show, so I Googled the cast and was chuffed to discover the Tig's Daddy really is the guy in the show. It's even voiced by her big sister, so thumbs up for being authentic in my book.

If you're interested (and sad like me), here's a link to save anyone Googling it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolly_and_Tig

LK

PS: I cannot stand Mr Tumble and his other omnipresent shows. I know I've said it before, but have you ever noticed he never has the same friends on twice? (Phoney 'tig'.)

sing-low
09-11-2015, 10:36 AM
I'm very handy with scissors, well on boys' hair anyway. I would like to trim 'Melody's' fringe.
Oh yes! That annoys me immensely too.

WibbleWobble
09-11-2015, 07:05 PM
I like Bing - I record it (kids don't watch it) as I fancy the male childminders voice artist (is his name flop ? I don't know I am just thinking about the actor..... Look him up)

Wibble

wobbling my way through life....

Maza
09-11-2015, 08:20 PM
I love that programme, too. I always suspected it was a Daddy and daughter show, so I Googled the cast and was chuffed to discover the Tig's Daddy really is the guy in the show. It's even voiced by her big sister, so thumbs up for being authentic in my book.

If you're interested (and sad like me), here's a link to save anyone Googling it...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolly_and_Tig

LK

PS: I cannot stand Mr Tumble and his other omnipresent shows. I know I've said it before, but have you ever noticed he never has the same friends on twice? (Phoney 'tig'.)

Haha,I looked it up! It reminds me of another programme where the majority of the cast is related - Mrs Brown's Boys. Not one to watch with the mindees though!

sing-low
09-11-2015, 08:40 PM
I like Bing - I record it (kids don't watch it) as I fancy the male childminders voice artist (is his name flop ? I don't know I am just thinking about the actor..... Look him up) Wibble wobbling my way through life....
Did you watch Wolf Hall? Bing after that was traumatising!

WibbleWobble
09-11-2015, 09:37 PM
Did you watch Wolf Hall? Bing after that was traumatising!

Yep - spent most of it drooling

wobbling my way through life....