PDA

View Full Version : Full observations and EYFS on child under 5 who is only here for 1.5 hrs x 3 days

loz1970
29-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Hi, just trying to seek some clarification, I already look after some children and have had an enquiry from a parent looking for childcare for a 2year old and a 6yr old 1.5 hours a day 3 days a week 6pm to 7.30pm. Now I've been told by a child minder friend of mine that you don't have to do the full EYFS observations and such like if they come for less than 2 hours a day, I've tried to look through the paperwork I've got but haven't seen this written anywhere so I was wondering if anybody else had heard about this and whether my friend is correct or not, thanks in advance! :)

sarah707
29-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Any unregistered person can look after a child for up to 2 hours a day without doing anything at all... no paperwork or anything.

As you are registered you have to do something - there used to be an unwritten rule saying that for less than hours we could pretty much ignore the learning requirements but that's been challenged by inspectors and I wouldn't recommend you follow it any more.

Keep it minimal - a few observations to get a baseline and then evidence of the child joining in with your activities and some individual planning shared with home.

No requirements to record learning for school age children :D