PDA

View Full Version : Poo question

jasonh
29-10-2015, 10:34 AM
Hello,

Lovely topic for my first post but I'm a bit confused about my mindees poo. He's 20m and AFAIK is no longer on any follow on or similar, just solids. He's been with me 3 weeks and in this time has never done what I consider a normal poo. My own 2 are 18m and 30m for comparison and are generally solid pooers, but mindee ALWAYS creates quite porridgey, really smelly stuff and eats like a horse at times and always has says mum. Is this more common than not? I have little to compare with but something in me says its unusual...
Experiences and suggestions welcome.

sarah707
29-10-2015, 05:39 PM
As a general rule if it's normal for the child then it's normal ...

If you are concerned you could suggest parents take child to the doctor to have him checked over xx

loocyloo
29-10-2015, 05:43 PM
sounds a bit like 'toddler diarhorea' and yes, can be totally normal for a child!

they usually grow out of it, as their gut matures!

it may be also, that he drinks a lot of fluid, causing a looser poo!

what lovely conversations we have, but who else would we discuss it with? !!!! only another childminder !!!

jasonh
29-10-2015, 06:37 PM
Thanks both, that's what I thought, and that's what the internet told me, but I just wanted real people to confirm. It's just so different to my experience of normal, but it's also the start of lots of real life learning.

hectors house
29-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Could be lactose intolerant, are you doing his meals or does his mum supply them? If you are doing them you could just substitute a few things like normal yoghurts for soya or lactose free ones, lactose free milk is widely available in the supermarkets next to normal milk and it tastes exactly the same.