PDA

View Full Version : Half term...

mumofone
26-10-2015, 08:42 AM
....how are you all spending it?

AliceK
26-10-2015, 09:15 AM
I am only working Mon - Weds this week :clapping:

Today is very quiet, only 1 early years child plus my own 2 children. We are off to the park/lake this morning then unfortunately off to sit in the waiting room at the Dr's this afternoon.

Tomorrow is really busy - will have 7 children in total. I'm hoping the weather holds up so we can get out for a while otherwise it's going to be a very long, noisy day. Got a birthday tea party planned for the afternoon.

Weds is 5 children, not sure what we'll be doing, too far ahead to plan yet lol.

xx

FussyElmo
26-10-2015, 10:17 AM
....how are you all spending it?

Mon-wed in pj's doing as little as possible.

Will motivate myself to take my tribe swimming and to the sports hall.

Though I do quite fancy a trip to Blackpool to see the illuminations not sure when/if we can fit it in though

Maza
26-10-2015, 10:37 AM
Mon-wed in pj's doing as little as possible.

Will motivate myself to take my tribe swimming and to the sports hall.

Though I do quite fancy a trip to Blackpool to see the illuminations not sure when/if we can fit it in though

Oh I used to love the Blackpool illuminations! We went most years as a child. Do you walk through or go in a car?

I'm not working this week (supposed to be starting new job in next couple of weeks). Long overdue haircuts on Tuesday and a big long dance rehearsal on Wednesday for DD. Fancy a day out in London but HATE getting the tube into London and don't want to spend much money so will have a think about what I can do for free there. Really hoping DD doesn't mention the Natural History Museum - we go every holiday but I'm not in the mood for the half term crowds there.

loocyloo
26-10-2015, 10:53 AM
today is my 'day off' .... so far I seem to be refereeing fights between my children and not getting anything else done! neither want to go out - I understand Dd not wanting to - she spent yesterday dancing, and then all day tomorrow and wed dancing, and then Thursday at a party, so today is really her only day to just 'be', but DS hasn't been out all weekend and needs some exercise/fresh air - but with a broken arm, is not able to do the things he wants to do, and is now getting fed up! ( 3 weeks now! ) I want to go and see the new black rhinos at the zoo - think I might be going on my own!

so yes, tomorrow and Wednesday I am sitting in a theatre watching DD and her friends dance in dance competitions! ( having had to take the days off as holiday !!!! )

Thursday I have 4 mindees - not sure what we are doing - haven't got that far! depends on the weather ( and how much energy I have! )

Friday I have 5 mindees and we are going to play in the woods and build a den ! ( mindees range from a 27mth then 5yr - 10yrs (plus my 10 & 13yr olds ) so could be fun! they usually all get on really well, but 27 mth old is a new addition and as DS and oldest mindee can't spend day kicking/throwing assorted balls around ... it could be interesting!

tess1981
26-10-2015, 11:20 AM
Working all week I have no days of until I take my Christmas holidays... my last booked day off was the last Monday in august... I am ready for Christmas... on the plus side I spent last night trying to book apartments in Spain for next August we have 9 going.. my partner 3 of his girls and 2 of their boyfriends (all over 18) then Mr my children 17 and 14... proving expensive . Most of us want salou and since me and my partner footing the bill I to them all salou it is as I want to go there

Mouse
26-10-2015, 11:36 AM
I'm only working Tue-Thur this week. As I'm being paid for today (all the children off on holiday) I did think I'd spend it doing paperwork, but that hasn't happened yet!

The word for today is......procrastination :thumbsup:

blue bear
26-10-2015, 11:54 AM
Housework and food shopping today. Party with three tomorrow, activity session with 4 on Wednesday. Thursday and Friday are my days off :)

FloraDora
26-10-2015, 12:21 PM
I had lots planned for the half term but actually went to bed with a bad cold on Sat! (I normally stride through colds but this one was determined to floor me). I am now 3 days in to my holiday and still nurturing a chesty cough which is making long walks and photography a bit tricky...though I rather like a few with a wobble I took this morning as a cough took over...could be my new style!
Hoping to have a Birmingham, grand central and Mailbox browse tomorrow as I haven't been since it opened, I cancelled today's trip there with friends as it involved lunch and dinner and cocktails and I am still heavily on over the counter drugs which don't mix....besides its never fun being the only one not having the proseco and still being sensible about purchases in between! ( I have been half term shopping with these ladies for 30 years...I know them well) I am actually in need of some clothes so DH is always the best at accompanying me for this anyway....I have gone from never ever wearing trousers, unless I am cleaning or slouching to wearing them every day since retiring from my 'wear a jacket and dress and heels every day' job! So...I am in need of a dress to wear casually with boots this weekend - I am spending the latter part of the week in Oxford and Margate, ending in meeting my oldest son's partner's dad for lunch in a reasonably upmarket restaurant on Sunday- The Ambrette - So I need an outfit! I'm hoping The new John Lewis has an East section....I have become really comfortable in their clothes and in my old age am a little reluctant to change! I also need a hat for the Margate walks so that my hair is not on end by Sunday too! I usually like to pull my scarf over my head because I'm not a hat person, but I know that makes me look a bit like the queen so I am hoping to go for the retro Margate look instead. ( DH says I should raid the loft!) it does seem that Margate is rebuilding itself on the retro look which young people are going for...our apartment is full of retro -(old- )furniture and soft furnishing patterns ! So perhaps I won't look out of place in my 50's headscarf after all.
There are lots of great outdoor half term activities for free going on locally here...it almost makes me want to have children to take advantage of them! Or perhaps not!

crumpet54
26-10-2015, 01:46 PM
I had lots planned for the half term but actually went to bed with a bad cold on Sat! (I normally stride through colds but this one was determined to floor me). I am now 3 days in to my holiday and still nurturing a chesty cough which is making long walks and photography a bit tricky...though I rather like a few with a wobble I took this morning as a cough took over...could be my new style!
Hoping to have a Birmingham, grand central and Mailbox browse tomorrow as I haven't been since it opened, I cancelled today's trip there with friends as it involved lunch and dinner and cocktails and I am still heavily on over the counter drugs which don't mix....besides its never fun being the only one not having the proseco and still being sensible about purchases in between! ( I have been half term shopping with these ladies for 30 years...I know them well) I am actually in need of some clothes so DH is always the best at accompanying me for this anyway....I have gone from never ever wearing trousers, unless I am cleaning or slouching to wearing them every day since retiring from my 'wear a jacket and dress and heels every day' job! So...I am in need of a dress to wear casually with boots this weekend - I am spending the latter part of the week in Oxford and Margate, ending in meeting my oldest son's partner's dad for lunch in a reasonably upmarket restaurant on Sunday- The Ambrette - So I need an outfit! I'm hoping The new John Lewis has an East section....I have become really comfortable in their clothes and in my old age am a little reluctant to change! I also need a hat for the Margate walks so that my hair is not on end by Sunday too! I usually like to pull my scarf over my head because I'm not a hat person, but I know that makes me look a bit like the queen so I am hoping to go for the retro Margate look instead. ( DH says I should raid the loft!) it does seem that Margate is rebuilding itself on the retro look which young people are going for...our apartment is full of retro -(old- )furniture and soft furnishing patterns ! So perhaps I won't look out of place in my 50's headscarf after all.
There are lots of great outdoor half term activities for free going on locally here...it almost makes me want to have children to take advantage of them! Or perhaps not!

I come from margate and visited last week (still have family there) it really is retro down there you will have to have a mooch around dreamland and down the market place and harbour. Enjoy x xx

amanda1309
28-10-2015, 07:27 AM
Soaking up the sun on a lounger by the pool in turkey :clapping::clapping:

mumofone
29-10-2015, 04:55 PM
Soaking up the sun on a lounger by the pool in turkey :clapping::clapping:

Aw....hope you're having an amazing week. Cold wet and raining here!! X

Maza
29-10-2015, 05:11 PM
Aw....hope you're having an amazing week. Cold wet and raining here!! X

Really? We had a stunning day yesterday and the day before. Today was a bit drizzly on and off but very mild.