PDA

View Full Version : ohhhhhhhhhhh I'M SO MAD!!!!

katickles
06-08-2008, 11:53 AM
I currently mind one lo 3 days a week (A) Starting back in Sept Mon, Tues & wed. I have a new one supposed to be starting next week for one day a week (B) Thursdays & I also have a baby starting at the end of Sept (C) Full time mon-fri.

Well the one next week (B), I have a contract signed by parents. I have asked for a months deposit which i got a sob story saying that they couldn't afford it as only have 1 income. I said that without a deposit then unable to hold place - so she asked could she pay half. I thought fair enough & agreed. Gave me the signed contracts, permission forms etc etc but as of yet no deposit. (I haven't signed the contract as i said i needed the dep first).

I rang yesterday to arrange settling in sessions this week as supposed to starting next week, mum very evasive, no diary on her etc etc. She has just rang now to say that they are cancelling as can't afford it. dad is going to take a day off work now????? :angry: I knew al along that this lo wouldn't be starting with me, I could just feel it!!

Anyway, what makes me so mad, is the fact that mindee A, we have changed the contract to accommodate B's day. I have arranged new play sessions & places to visit each week now for A.

I have an enquiry on my books for care 2 days a week (we'll call this child D), either Mon & Tues or Weds & Thurs. I would need to change again A's hours to accommodate this as A will be back with me Sept Mon, Tues & Wed.

Hope you are still with me?................

Anyway, i'm sure A's parents would understand if i asked if we could change A's hours to Wed, Thurs & Fri, but i'd feel so so bad messing them around.
The other problem is that I really need the extra income from D, as its an extra £200 per month.

D's parents sound really really keen, grandparents live just 3 doors away from me so its really convienent for them.

Oh i don't know what to do??

Do I contact A's parents & ask if they would mind me swapping again! or just leave it & keep my fingers crossed that I get an enquiry for Thurs & Fri??

Why do parents not realise that they are messing around with our incomes & our other families when they mess you around sooooooooooo much :angry: :angry:

LittleAcorns
06-08-2008, 12:06 PM
What a pain, I know you wont feel it now, but maybe they were always going to mess you around with pay etc. Makes you wonder how they get around us, like getting you to half deposit??? why should you at the end of the day,

Theres not many companies out there that would reduce deposit/payment because we couldnt quite afford it, nope they may defer payment over period of time, but not let us off!!!!!!!!!:idea:

Mags
06-08-2008, 12:24 PM
It might be worth having a word with A's parents about swapping again, you never know untill you ask. Just reassure them that it's absolutely fine if they don't wish to swap.

Hope it all works out well for you, let us know how it goes.x

katickles
06-08-2008, 12:29 PM
It might be worth having a word with A's parents about swapping again, you never know untill you ask. Just reassure them that it's absolutely fine if they don't wish to swap.

Hope it all works out well for you, let us know how it goes.x

Yeah that's what i'm thinking Mags. I have just tried to call them but theres no answer.

They are such lovely parents, when we swapped to Mon, Tues & wed it was better for them as they wanted 3 days together so i'm sure they will be fine with changing to the other 3 days, but I feel like i am being so un-professional.

I really really think alot of this lo so wouldn't do anything that would make our working relationship suffer.

Thats what gets me, we wouldn't treat people like some parents do, so why do they?!?

Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Blackhorse
06-08-2008, 12:36 PM
sorry to hear your troubles..
this is just rude of parents to do this kind of thing!!!

Maybe it is time for all childminders to unite and start a black sheep list of parents that are messing us around!!
Then they would never ever get anyone else into trouble as everyone is warned!!
Just a little evil thought !!

Bushpig
06-08-2008, 12:55 PM
I would chat to parents A for sure :)

It does amaze me how parents think we should move the earth for them, for nothing. I never ask for deposits and have, for the first time, asked for a retainer (not even a quarter of the monthly fee!) for the next 2 months whilst I hold their space... and the accountant dad grilled me on it.

They can take it or leave it, I have someone on the waiting list for those same days (and one extra!) anyway.

Pls let us know how you get on.

miffy
06-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Good luck Kate - I hope you get it sorted - fingers crossed

It's a real shame you didn't get the deposit off the other family, at least you would have had something for your trouble

Miffy xx

angeldelight
07-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Oh how annoying Kate

It makes you wonder why parents come to see you in the first place they must have known they could not afford it so why waste your time and mess you around

Hope you work something out I would most def ask the parents to change back again and be honest with them and explain whats happened

Good luck keep us posted

Angel xxx

Pedagog
07-08-2008, 07:59 AM
What a pain, I hope you get it all sorted soon.