PDA

View Full Version : double buggy question

ziggy
23-10-2015, 10:16 AM
I was a childminder for 10years, gave up in February and now cant wait to get back to it (long story)

I've had a few double buggies over the years including side by side and tandem. Found maclaren side by side was great fitting in car but not comfortable for larger toddlers. Tandem buggies were too heavy. My favourite was the mountain buggy which was lovely and comfortable for kiddies but didnt fit in my peugeot 108.

I sold everything when I moved and cant find 2nd hand mountain buggy as yet ( would love another one), so wondered what other buggies chilidminders find are good. Not sure I like phil n ted type buggies. Thinking if I cant get a mountain buggy might go for an out n about

any comments ?

moggy
23-10-2015, 10:50 AM
Out'n'About 360 nipper double- love it, good with a buggy board, can easily push one handed, with the 'parcel shelf' underneath (can buy as an extra) there is plenty of space for stuff.

Ellisha
23-10-2015, 11:22 AM
I agree with the Out'n'About 360. It is really easy to steer one handed and fits in through my front door. I must try fitting my buggy board to it!

AliceK
23-10-2015, 11:31 AM
I agree with the Out N About double. I have had loads and this is by far the best. I can easily steer it with 1 hand if I need to hold a walkers hand and I can also put my buggy board on it. It does fit through my front door, just, but my door is one of the old fashioned wooden ones, if I had a newer UPVC type door like in my old house it wouldn't fit. The only thing I don't like is that it wont fit through my internal doors.

xxx

Kerry30
23-10-2015, 11:34 AM
I agree with the Out N About double. I have had loads and this is by far the best. I can easily steer it with 1 hand if I need to hold a walkers hand and I can also put my buggy board on it. It does fit through my front door, just, but my door is one of the old fashioned wooden ones, if I had a newer UPVC type door like in my old house it wouldn't fit. The only thing I don't like is that it wont fit through my internal doors.

xxx

I love mine too. Which buggy board do you have for it? As need to get one for mine. Thanks x

mumofone
23-10-2015, 11:58 AM
What do you like about this apart from the fact you can steer one handed? Is it good for all ages?

AliceK
23-10-2015, 12:43 PM
I love mine too. Which buggy board do you have for it? As need to get one for mine. Thanks x

I use a Lascal buggy board :thumbsup:

xx

AliceK
23-10-2015, 12:47 PM
What do you like about this apart from the fact you can steer one handed? Is it good for all ages?

Yes it's good for all ages. I currently use mine for 2 x 2yr olds or 1 x 10mth old and 1 x 2yr old. I have had my DD in it when she was 3.5 as she had joint problems and would sometimes be in too much pain to do the school runs. The seats lay flat so can be used for very young babies.
There is loads of storage pockets - on both sides of the hood and behind each seat as well as the shopping basket underneath.
For me ease of pushing / steering is the most important thing as even after 8 yrs my spd will flare up if a buggy is too hard to manoeuvre.

xxx

Kerry30
23-10-2015, 04:22 PM
I use a Lascal buggy board :thumbsup:

xx

Fab thanks :)

Mouse
23-10-2015, 05:12 PM
I need to look for a new double buggy, but it has to be a tandem as I have an odd front door and even the narrowest side by side buggies don't fit through it.

So if anyone has any recommendations for a double buggy for a 12 month old and a 4 month old, do let me know :thumbsup:

mumofone
24-10-2015, 09:44 AM
I use a Lascal buggy board :thumbsup: xx

What ages would use a buggy board?

mumofone
24-10-2015, 09:45 AM
I was a childminder for 10years, gave up in February and now cant wait to get back to it (long story) I've had a few double buggies over the years including side by side and tandem. Found maclaren side by side was great fitting in car but not comfortable for larger toddlers. Tandem buggies were too heavy. My favourite was the mountain buggy which was lovely and comfortable for kiddies but didnt fit in my peugeot 108. I sold everything when I moved and cant find 2nd hand mountain buggy as yet ( would love another one), so wondered what other buggies chilidminders find are good. Not sure I like phil n ted type buggies. Thinking if I cant get a mountain buggy might go for an out n about any comments ?

What don't you like about the Phil and teds?

How come you're returning to childminding? :-) xx

moggy
24-10-2015, 10:01 AM
What ages would use a buggy board?

I find a buggy board work with 2yr olds+
You might get a younger one who is prepared to stand nicely and hold on, but usually from 2yrs.

Simona
24-10-2015, 10:05 AM
I was a childminder for 10years, gave up in February and now cant wait to get back to it (long story)

I've had a few double buggies over the years including side by side and tandem. Found maclaren side by side was great fitting in car but not comfortable for larger toddlers. Tandem buggies were too heavy. My favourite was the mountain buggy which was lovely and comfortable for kiddies but didnt fit in my peugeot 108.

I sold everything when I moved and cant find 2nd hand mountain buggy as yet ( would love another one), so wondered what other buggies chilidminders find are good. Not sure I like phil n ted type buggies. Thinking if I cant get a mountain buggy might go for an out n about

any comments ?

AARRGGHH!! sad to hear you don't like Phil and Teds...I have one in excellent condition and trying to sell...a bargain! and with several accessories included!

ziggy
24-10-2015, 06:30 PM
What don't you like about the Phil and teds?

How come you're returning to childminding? :-) xx

not keen on back seat being so near to the ground.

returning to childminding as dont like working in nursery, feel children have more fun with a childminder

ziggy
24-10-2015, 06:31 PM
AARRGGHH!! sad to hear you don't like Phil and Teds...I have one in excellent condition and trying to sell...a bargain! and with several accessories included!

I'm in Ireland and guessing ur in england

Simona
24-10-2015, 07:45 PM
I'm in Ireland and guessing ur in england

Distance is indeed the problem...if you were keen on Phil and Teds I'd ask Santa to deliver on his sleigh!
My kids used to love sitting on that back seat...close to the ground but it is safe and children used to argue to get in there!

Glad to hear you are returning to childminding...can't beat home based childcare....I'll say so until the cows come home!
Good luck Ziggy!

mumofone
29-10-2015, 05:07 PM
not keen on back seat being so near to the ground. returning to childminding as dont like working in nursery, feel children have more fun with a childminder

This is interesting, Ive been wondering what a day at nursery is like for babies and children....

ziggy
29-10-2015, 05:32 PM
This is interesting, Ive been wondering what a day at nursery is like for babies and children....

maybe they are not all the same (i hope)

mumofone
29-10-2015, 07:05 PM
maybe they are not all the same (i hope)

What was the one you were working in like? How did the babies or children spend their days?

redtiger21
30-10-2015, 08:23 PM
I need to look for a new double buggy, but it has to be a tandem as I have an odd front door and even the narrowest side by side buggies don't fit through it.

So if anyone has any recommendations for a double buggy for a 12 month old and a 4 month old, do let me know :thumbsup:

How do you feel about Phil and Teds? I have a bad back and it's the only tandem that doesn't aggravate it, it's a dream to push.