PDA

View Full Version : Any comments anyone?

Simona
21-10-2015, 08:42 PM
His & Hers Timeout Chairs Exist, Because Even Discipline Has To Be Pink And Sparkly Scary Mommy (http://www.scarymommy.com/his-hers-timeout-chairs-exist-because-even-discipline-has-to-be-pink-and-sparkly/)

hectors house
21-10-2015, 09:26 PM
:panic: !!!!!!

BallyH
21-10-2015, 09:52 PM
Awful. And a timer as well!

Simona
22-10-2015, 09:07 AM
I read they are available on FB...not sure what it means and many are buying them.
I am curious to know who is buying them? parents? nurseries?

Has anyone seen them?
I really think something needs to be done to challenge this products and what it means ...it is totally unacceptable

Not sure what people think of it here...Twitter was not amused!

mumofone
22-10-2015, 09:21 AM
Lol WTAF?!

Mouse
22-10-2015, 09:32 AM
I read they are available on FB...not sure what it means and many are buying them.
I am curious to know who is buying them? parents? nurseries?

Has anyone seen them?
I really think something needs to be done to challenge this products and what it means ...it is totally unacceptable

Not sure what people think of it here...Twitter was not amused!

I've seen some for sale on a FB selling page - a page for childminders to buy & sell things. The wording wasn't the same as on the chairs you've linked to (something simple like "No matter what you do, I still love you" - I can't remember the exact words). They did seem popular, although I don't know how many people paid the £25 plus £7.50 postage, or whether they just bought the chair from Ikea for £7 and made their own!

I've also seem them for sale on our local FB selling pages. Again, they seem very popular and well liked, although I don't know how many people actually go ahead and buy them.

I guess if you use a time out chair the ones I've seen might not seem so bad. The ones you've linked to are awful though - the wording makes me cringe and shake my head in despair! What did Twitter dislike most - the idea of a time out chair, or the specific wording on those?

Simona
22-10-2015, 09:47 AM
I've seen some for sale on a FB selling page - a page for childminders to buy & sell things. The wording wasn't the same as on the chairs you've linked to (something simple like "No matter what you do, I still love you" - I can't remember the exact words). They did seem popular, although I don't know how many people paid the £25 plus £7.50 postage, or whether they just bought the chair from Ikea for £7 and made their own!

I've also seem them for sale on our local FB selling pages. Again, they seem very popular and well liked, although I don't know how many people actually go ahead and buy them.

I guess if you use a time out chair the ones I've seen might not seem so bad. The ones you've linked to are awful though - the wording makes me cringe and shake my head in despair! What did Twitter dislike most - the idea of a time out chair, or the specific wording on those?

I think the 'gender' issue was the most appalling...pink and blue and sparkly!!!!

it was good to see one of the Education Committee MPs say :we call them 'thinking chair' now.
Laura Henry replied: No No not even that!....and mentioned Jane Evans training on this.
If you have a minute find out a bit more about Jane...you probably know her already...she did a TV programme on behaviour.

so the issues appear to be about gender and also the use of time out chairs

Do you recall the chair for babies with an Ipad in front of it? there was a huge call for it to be banned...I think it was withdrawn from sale but I cannot swear on that....that caused a bit of a stir too.

redtiger21
22-10-2015, 09:47 AM
Oh. My. Word. One in the second photo actually says "being ugly is not nice".
Now I've seen it all!!

bunyip
22-10-2015, 05:54 PM
I take these are from the US of A.

Probably lucky they don't plug in to the mains. :p

natlou82
22-10-2015, 09:58 PM
I've seen these a few times now - they make me cringe!

clareelizabeth1
22-10-2015, 11:04 PM
Seen them online a lot. Never in person though so hopefully that means no one is buying them

I dont think a time out chair is worth it no matter what colour or glitter you put on it. If my de is really playing up and needs a time out to relax and bring his feelings back down to earth you could guarantee this chair either would not help in the slightest or wouldnt be their when hou need it. Lets face it 99.9% of tantrums happen outside of the house in the most public place possible and i am definitely not going to carry a glittery chair for him.