PDA

View Full Version : Sticking tongue out

mumofone
20-10-2015, 07:10 PM
I have a mindee Whos started sticking out their tongue (4 years old) which j believe is learnt behaviour from their other setting. I've told them I don't find it funny and that it's not acceptable in my setting. I am right in this aren't i? I just questioned myself over whether its playful behaviour and I should let it go but my instinct is that I don't like it (ie certainly wouldn't let my only child do it). It's not aimed at me (luckily or there would be trouble!!) but at say passing cars etc...

BallyH
20-10-2015, 07:44 PM
I have a mindee Whos started sticking out their tongue (4 years old) which j believe is learnt behaviour from their other setting. I've told them I don't find it funny and that it's not acceptable in my setting. I am right in this aren't i? I just questioned myself over whether its playful behaviour and I should let it go but my instinct is that I don't like it (ie certainly wouldn't let my only child do it). It's not aimed at me (luckily or there would be trouble!!) but at say passing cars etc...

Nip it in the bud now! My instinct is with any mindees behaviour 'would I have let one of my sons do/say that?' And if the answer is 'no' then it's a 'no'. Your home your rules. Plus as the child is out with you, you're being judged by others, when he is showing this behaviour. I would also mention it to his parents on pickup.

mumofone
20-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Nip it in the bud now! My instinct is with any mindees behaviour 'would I have let one of my sons do/say that?' And if the answer is 'no' then it's a 'no'. Your home your rules. Plus as the child is out with you, you're being judged by others, when he is showing this behaviour. I would also mention it to his parents on pickup.

Thanks MOH this was my gut instinct and you make a good point about how it will be seen by others.

BallyH
20-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Thanks MOH this was my gut instinct and you make a good point about how it will be seen by others.

The mindees behaviour is your best advert.