PDA

View Full Version : Registered Assistant going full time

wilko33
12-10-2015, 05:50 PM
My wife has been a child minder for a couple of years and is now expecting our first child. As a dedicated father (:thumbsup:) I have quit my job and am going to be an assistant full time to help her. We are looking at taking on before and after school kids to cover my 'wage'.

Now I just want confirmation we are doing this the right way. I wil register as a Self Employed child carer and then we will register as a partnership. When it comes to tax return time we will both submit our own self assessment then a joint one for the partnership.

I am OFSTED registered and Im halfway through the Pedeatric First Aid course so ready to rock really but I called HMRC today and the very confused guy there said I should be an employee?!

Apoligies if this is in the wrong forum but it had most traffic so hoped this would get the best responses!

Simona
13-10-2015, 09:46 AM
My wife has been a child minder for a couple of years and is now expecting our first child. As a dedicated father (:thumbsup:) I have quit my job and am going to be an assistant full time to help her. We are looking at taking on before and after school kids to cover my 'wage'.

Now I just want confirmation we are doing this the right way. I wil register as a Self Employed child carer and then we will register as a partnership. When it comes to tax return time we will both submit our own self assessment then a joint one for the partnership.

I am OFSTED registered and Im halfway through the Pedeatric First Aid course so ready to rock really but I called HMRC today and the very confused guy there said I should be an employee?!

Apoligies if this is in the wrong forum but it had most traffic so hoped this would get the best responses!

It will depend on whether you are a registered assistant or co-minder?
Assistants are employed...either part time or full time and get wages, tax paid, Ni and pension paid by the employer...not so for co-minders because they can be self employed

It would be better to check with an accountant especially if you are talking about a partnership