PDA

View Full Version : Britax help!

smurfette
10-10-2015, 03:09 PM
Anyone have a Britax
First class plus baby seat using it rear facing? Not happy with fit, it seems to swing from side to side though not going forwards so that's ok??

hectors house
13-10-2015, 07:39 AM
Most of my seats that are held in by seatbelts seem to have sideways movement, only the isofix one stays firm - I just hope that in an accident the seatbelt locks immediately (isn't that what they are for) and the seat would stay still. It's only when the door is open that I can move the seat, when the door is closed and I have 3 seats across the back they surely can't go anywhere?

smurfette
13-10-2015, 04:23 PM
Most of my seats that are held in by seatbelts seem to have sideways movement, only the isofix one stays firm - I just hope that in an accident the seatbelt locks immediately (isn't that what they are for) and the seat would stay still. It's only when the door is open that I can move the seat, when the door is closed and I have 3 seats across the back they surely can't go anywhere?

Yes this is what I am thinking, back up tomorrow when the expert fitter is there in halfords so will keep you posted , thanks !

loocyloo
13-10-2015, 09:01 PM
I was told that car seats should be able to move sideways for safety.
In the event of an accident, then the seat belt tightens and holds seat tight like it would if it was round us.

Because isofix clamp onto the car/seat they have to be fixed solid, like a normal seat in a car.

alex__17
13-10-2015, 09:23 PM
I have been told the same, side ways movement ok as the pads protect child but movement sideways slows movement of seat/child from side impact (like the seat belt stretch does), to test its ok you're meant to pull hard and firmly straight forward so belt locks and it shouldn't move forwards, or in rear facing push where child's back would be on seat so push forwards.

smurfette
13-10-2015, 10:51 PM
But what would happen if we were hit from the side?