PDA

View Full Version : Voluntary register

mumofone
07-10-2015, 05:59 PM
I only just signed up to this at a later date than the others but just reading through the requirements it says I must make the information available to parents - "a statement to tell parents that the childcare is open access" (CR9.2)
Can someone tell me what this means, I have no idea!!!
Thank you :-)

moggy
07-10-2015, 06:33 PM
I only just signed up to this at a later date than the others but just reading through the requirements it says I must make the information available to parents - "a statement to tell parents that the childcare is open access" (CR9.2)
Can someone tell me what this means, I have no idea!!!
Thank you :-)

What document are you reading that from? This is the one for us:#https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/childcare-register-requirements-childminders-and-home-childcarers

and there isn't a cR9.2, it has CR9.1 then CR9.3.

which makes me wonder if you are looking at an old document, or one for other types of settings?

mumofone
07-10-2015, 06:40 PM
What document are you reading that from? This is the one for us:#https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/childcare-register-requirements-childminders-and-home-childcarers and there isn't a cR9.2, it has CR9.1 then CR9.3. which makes me wonder if you are looking at an old document, or one for other types of settings?

Oh I'm confused now, I think i might have that one too...I better check.
The one I'm looking at here is "childcare providers on non domestic or domestic premises". August 2014.
I thought I was a childcare provider on domestic premises?! Confused

moggy
07-10-2015, 07:05 PM
Oh I'm confused now, I think i might have that one too...I better check.
The one I'm looking at here is "childcare providers on non domestic or domestic premises". August 2014.
I thought I was a childcare provider on domestic premises?! Confused

The one you want has the title 'Childcare register requirements for childminders and home childcarers'. the 'childminders' bit is the critical bit!
The one you have might be for afterschool clubs, holiday clubs etc.
Use the link I gave above.

Mouse
08-10-2015, 08:09 AM
The definition of a childminder is "Taking care of children in a home that’s not their own (usually your own) with up to 2 other people"

The definition of childcare on domestic premises is "Caring full time for children in someone’s home with at least 3 other people"

So, even though you do obviously provide childcare on domestic premises, you are known as a childminder, not a childcare provider on domestic premises.

Simona
08-10-2015, 09:39 AM
I think I know exactly what Mumofone is taking about and yes CR9.2 has been removed...that publication is out of date although difficult to check without the link.

I assume a few providers raised concerns on what it requires us to do which was not really acceptable...so the new publications has just left a blank between CR9.1 and CR9.3