PDA

View Full Version : tommee tippee bibs

loocyloo
07-10-2015, 04:24 PM
Just wanting to tell everyone that if your tommee tippee roll up bibs start to go greasy after being washed, apparently the bibs are going through the reversion process ... it is the rubber naturally degrading and is not a design fault!

I have only had my bibs for a year and have just had to throw them away! If I'd known in advance that the rubber would degrade within a year, I would not have bought them!

Any recommendations for good pelican bibs?

FloraDora
07-10-2015, 05:56 PM
I use neoprene ones made by Bibette - we call them 'catchers' and they all wear them - even the older ones when it's a messy lunch.
( I know I am old fashioned.....but I believe in protecting their clothes...I always use serviettes and I tuck mine in like my Italian friends when I have Spaghetti Bolognese!) so we call them catchers, designed to catch crumbs, drips and there is always a discussion at the beginning of lunch about the menu and if they need them and after, if it has caught anything.
My ipad is old and won't give me the link, but I get them from Amazon, currently £5.50.
They are wonderful, you turn up the bottom and they catch all, they are really comfy on and fit from < 1-4 > year olds. They never leak through, easy to wipe and wash, dries in seconds...they are one of my best discoveries...they come in lots of different colours so everyone can have their own colour and good patterns to talk about.
I cannot recommend them more!!

mumofone
07-10-2015, 06:15 PM
I use neoprene ones made by Bibette - we call them 'catchers' and they all wear them - even the older ones when it's a messy lunch. ( I know I am old fashioned.....but I believe in protecting their clothes...I always use serviettes and I tuck mine in like my Italian friends when I have Spaghetti Bolognese!) so we call them catchers, designed to catch crumbs, drips and there is always a discussion at the beginning of lunch about the menu and if they need them and after if it has caught anything. My ipad is old and won't give me the link, but I get them from Amazone, currently £5.50. They are wonderful, you turn up the bottom and they catch all, they are really comfy on and fit from < 1-4 > year olds. They never leak through, easy to wipe and wash, dries in seconds...they are one of my best discoveries...they come in lots of different colours so everyone can have their own colour and good patterns to talk about. I cannot recommend them more!!

I don't get on with these ones at all, I have plastic wipe cleans only now x

FloraDora
07-10-2015, 06:25 PM
I don't get on with these ones at all, I have plastic wipe cleans only now x

Can I ask what you 'don't get on with' with them?
We wipe them down after breakfast and they dry in seconds ....I Wash them on a 30 wash once a week with the cooking aprons ....they are so much more comfortable to wear than plastic ones for little ones..and because I use them for older children do not look babyish.
The catchers are big....nothing gets past them,( but then I do encourage the food to go in their mouth ) ...
I'm interested in your view....

hectors house
07-10-2015, 06:45 PM
I used to put my own children in pelican type bibs even after they had started school, especially for breakfast to stop them getting cereal down clean uniforms - I called them "clothes savers".

loocyloo
07-10-2015, 07:38 PM
I use neoprene ones made by Bibette - we call them 'catchers' and they all wear them - even the older ones when it's a messy lunch.
( I know I am old fashioned.....but I believe in protecting their clothes...I always use serviettes and I tuck mine in like my Italian friends when I have Spaghetti Bolognese!) so we call them catchers, designed to catch crumbs, drips and there is always a discussion at the beginning of lunch about the menu and if they need them and after, if it has caught anything.
My ipad is old and won't give me the link, but I get them from Amazon, currently £5.50.
They are wonderful, you turn up the bottom and they catch all, they are really comfy on and fit from < 1-4 > year olds. They never leak through, easy to wipe and wash, dries in seconds...they are one of my best discoveries...they come in lots of different colours so everyone can have their own colour and good patterns to talk about.
I cannot recommend them more!!

Thanks. They sound good. I used to use 'rigid' ( but quite soft! ) pelican frog bibs from ikea but eventually the catches broke ...