PDA

View Full Version : Is this a wow?

mumofone
07-10-2015, 11:58 AM
4 year old is taking the top off the yoghurt pot, when pressed he said he has yoghurts at home but that mum and dad take the tops off for him...is this a wow moment? Thanks x

Mouse
07-10-2015, 12:08 PM
I would say so. You've witnessed him do something that he doesn't normally do, so it's worth a mention.

Do you have a sheet in his LJ where you can make a note of things like that? I've seen some people do an A4 sheet of paper with clouds or speech bubbles on it and they write the wow moments in there. If there's any time you wonder if something is a wow moment, then it probably is because it's made you stop and think.

And of course when Ofsted see your LJ they can see that you're promoting independence, so definitely worth a mention somewhere!

mumofone
07-10-2015, 12:14 PM
Sorry meant to ask too whether this is considered self care ie. Doing things for himself..

JCrakers
07-10-2015, 12:50 PM
Sorry meant to ask too whether this is considered self care ie. Doing things for himself..

Yes , definitely self care. Doing anything independently from things such as peeling a banana to unzipping a coat :D

Maza
07-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Yes, a good wow. You could cross reference to physical too. I bet he was really proud of his achievement - I've seen that mentioned somewhere too.

BallyH
07-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Yes, plus it also covers one of your earlier threads 'giving parents learning ideas' or wording to that effect. For me it would be a perfect example of how parents can then 'learn' at home for him to promote his independence further.

Maza
07-10-2015, 12:59 PM
Yes, plus it also covers one of your earlier threads 'giving parents learning ideas' or wording to that effect. For me it would be a perfect example of how parents can then 'learn' at home for him to promote his independence further.

Brilliant!

mumofone
07-10-2015, 01:16 PM
Thanks guys, you're all brilliant as always :-) x

bunyip
07-10-2015, 05:12 PM
4 year old is taking the top off the yoghurt pot, when pressed he said he has yoghurts at home but that mum and dad take the tops off for him...is this a wow moment? Thanks x

Only if he licks the lid. :D

I think it should be in the UN Declaration on the Rights of the Child: "all child have the right to lick yoghurt pot lids." ;)