PDA

View Full Version : taking so long!

crumpet54
06-10-2015, 08:53 PM
Just having a moan!
I'm still not registered! Still waiting on social services checks! Submitted registration application beginning of July everything went through really quick ofsted phoned me beginning of August to say it was in the final stages ..... fast forward to now and I'm still waiting for the ss checks! ! Aaahhhhh
I'm phoning ofsted weekly now to chase it up and I've spoke today and they've chased it up twice now and can only chase it up every 2 weeks!
Really want to be up and running now!

sing-low
07-10-2015, 08:41 AM
Sorry to hear that, crumpet. It sounds incredibly frustrating for you. Hope the checks will be done soon. Then the fun begins!

crumpet54
07-10-2015, 11:35 AM
Thanks just need to moan! Hopefully it will all soon be ready

Jessymax
12-10-2015, 04:35 PM
I'm in a similar boat! Do you have people waiting to start?

Mouse
12-10-2015, 04:56 PM
Have you tried phoning SS to chase it yourself?

I was supporting a childminder a few years ago and her application got stuck at the same stage. She ended up finding out which SS department dealt with it phoning up to complain. It turned out that the person who usually dealt with it was off sick, long term, and no one else was doing her work!! She kicked up a big fuss and it was sorted within days.

If you haven't tried phoning, I'd give it a go.

crumpet54
12-10-2015, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE="Mouse;1409857"]Have you tried phoning SS to chase it yourself?

I was supporting a childminder a few years ago and her application got stuck at the same stage. She ended up finding out which SS department dealt with it phoning up to complain. It turned out that the person who usually dealt with it was off sick, long term, and no one else was doing her work!! She kicked up a big fuss and it was sorted within days.

If you haven't tried phoning, I'd give it a go.[/QUOTE

Yes I've rang ss to chase it up and didn't get anywhere, continued to contact ofsted twice weekly and today my day finally came !!! I rang ss again and said I really need this sorting now spoke to a fantastic person this time who promised she would get answers for me. Well this afternoon I finally got somewhere .... it turns out ss never got the original request from ofsted and have only received the 2nd one in Sept (I spoke to ofsted in September who said they would recommend issue the request again)
Ss then phoned me back again this afternoon and said they had completed the checks today for me and had returned to ofsted. I nearly cried on the phone I was so grateful it was finally done. So hopefully I should get my call this week or next for my pre reg visit booking! Yikes !

Plus I'm picking up a kidkraft kitchen tomo at a bargain price so happy days all round

crumpet54
12-10-2015, 08:24 PM
Don't know what happened there with my post and your quote mouse !

greenfaerie
13-10-2015, 11:37 AM
Thank goodness you've had a break through with the process at last. :) Hopefully you'll have your pre-reg visit in no time!

crumpet54
13-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Thank goodness you've had a break through with the process at last. :) Hopefully you'll have your pre-reg visit in no time!

Oh I do hope so I'm itching to start now

crumpet54
22-10-2015, 04:29 PM
**update **
Just had the call!
Fri 6th Nov!
Yay!!!

BallyH
22-10-2015, 05:06 PM
**update **
Just had the call!
Fri 6th Nov!
Yay!!!

Good news. Enjoy as it's the only time you'll go 'Yah!!!' when Ofsted call.

crumpet54
22-10-2015, 05:11 PM

Yeah I can imagine!

sing-low
22-10-2015, 05:16 PM
**update ** Just had the call! Fri 6th Nov! Yay!!!
Woohoo! Excellent news.

sing-low
22-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Agree 100%