PDA

View Full Version : Eyfs being updated?

mumofone
06-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Do we know if the EYFS is being updated and indeed when? ....

Simona
06-10-2015, 09:13 AM
Do we know if the EYFS is being updated and indeed when? ....

We have repeatedly asked DfE to update as it is rather outdated in many places.
The time will come when it suits DfE...no one could even hazard a guess at the moment.
Is there a particular reason why you ask that question?

mumofone
06-10-2015, 12:15 PM
We have repeatedly asked DfE to update as it is rather outdated in many places. The time will come when it suits DfE...no one could even hazard a guess at the moment. Is there a particular reason why you ask that question?

No particular reason other than there was talk a while ago that it would be and I'm always nervous ive missed some big change or announcement! Thanks Simona :-) x

Simona
06-10-2015, 01:09 PM
No particular reason other than there was talk a while ago that it would be and I'm always nervous ive missed some big change or announcement! Thanks Simona :-) x

I am sure when that happens you will hear the biggest cheer from all cms :laughing: and the bunting will come out!

in the meantime we put up with a rather outdated version ...until Wilshaw wakes the DfE up from their torpor and they will jump to attention and scribble a few updates :rolleyes:

rickysmiths
06-10-2015, 03:03 PM
It was only updated a year ago!

Mouse
06-10-2015, 03:34 PM
I thought I read somewhere just last week that it was due to be updated at some time.

Who knows? No doubt it'll be sprung on us at the last minute and we'll be expected to implement it with little or no guidance :rolleyes:

Simona
06-10-2015, 04:26 PM
I thought I read somewhere just last week that it was due to be updated at some time.

Who knows? No doubt it'll be sprung on us at the last minute and we'll be expected to implement it with little or no guidance :rolleyes:

Yes there are various rumours flying around as many in the sector do believe it is outdated because too many changes have taken place since the last review in 2014 without even mentioning CIF!

I remember posting the reply from the DfE in this forum on the subject of a review.....it will be there somewhere in the archives!
My bet is on a review late summer 2016 before the inspection cycle ends...just a wild guess :rolleyes: