PDA

View Full Version : dumped again !!

shazsull
05-10-2015, 10:20 AM
yet again ive been dumped as grandparent have arrived from another country and can provide free child care im cheesed off as the children told me this on wednesday but mum has just text saying granny only suggested this today .but can the come back if the situation dosnt work out well i dont really want them back its only 3 hrs ,what can i text back?? in the nicest way this is the 4 th time it happened to me im just annoyed she wasnt straight with me ive walked to the schoool with her and grandma since wednesday! i am thinking of giving up school pick ups

Kiddleywinks
05-10-2015, 11:04 AM
4 weeks paid notice is required to terminate, and unfortunately I am unable to guarantee any future availability

If they then ask to come back because it's not working you can just say no longer doing school runs

Maza
05-10-2015, 11:47 AM
Oh I'm sorry, that's hard.
God advice from Kiddleywinks. x

loocyloo
05-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Big hugs. Sorry you have been treated this way.
I second the good advice from kiddywinks.

I had a phone last week from a mum desperate for childcare asap. So I worked out what I could do and arranged to see mum. 5 mins before she was due to arrive she left message to say 'decided she didn't need childcare. Would rather spend time with child herself' ! Today I get home ' thinking about it, can she come and see me later? ' ... No. Because I didn't get message in time and actually I don't have space after all!

TCoop
06-10-2015, 04:56 PM
4 weeks paid notice is required to terminate, and unfortunately I am unable to guarantee any future availability

If they then ask to come back because it's not working you can just say no longer doing school runs

Sorry to hear that shazsull. Good advice from Kiddleywinks!

shazsull
07-10-2015, 09:07 AM
it not even the money its the way you are treated ,ive just been browseing a site and theres a post need childminder urgently my minder was great but i took child out as my mum came to have her ,now minder is having career change so unable to have my child . sounds like my kinda people lol

FloraDora
07-10-2015, 07:13 PM
I appreciate if you are trying to fill your places it's tricky to be picky....but I really do vet my parents...I know I have turned a lot away with( possibly unfair) value judgements and I over analyse every breath when they email me, talk on the phone, eventually meet ( or probably don't). My life skills of dealing with parents means my radars go up over minuscule looks/ words...my DH despairs of me sometimes...but, ( touch wood) so far, my families have all been great.
There are many more that did not meet my expectations though...and unfortunately they are probably with someone else now....

Simona
08-10-2015, 09:50 AM
I agree with Flora Dora that cms need to be a bit more thorough when interviewing parents at that very important 1st visit.
Don't sign a contract on that occasion...tell the parents you will be considering if their requirements suit your setting.

Parents do not come to interview us to employ us so it is important to get as many questions to them as possible especially the question of continuity, their future plans for schools and childcare etc

Shazsull...from what you have written it looks like these grandparents have returned here for a holiday and at the same time take care of the grandchildren?...so mum has not really put her thinking hat on and is taking the opportunity to save money especially if she is saying she may return if it doesn't work with grandparents...why would she even consider that ?

I am probably wrong ...if it was a long term plan I am sure you would have heard from the parents themselves not via the children.
It is amazing how many parents are unaware that their children do have ears and repeat what goes on at home...same as those who are not careful about what they say on FB.

Hopefully it is all sorted for you.

mama2three
08-10-2015, 11:58 AM
A word of caution from a safeguarding perspective...on training recently regarding FGM we were told that many take the child out of their school / setting and say that their grandma is coming to care for them for a period of time. Now obviously this wont apply in the vast majority of cases but we do need to be aware and look at the 'bigger picture' regarding family , culture etc. It used to be the case that most girls were taken abroad for the procedure but more often now the ''doctor'' comes here and provides the service.