PDA

View Full Version : ideas for sandpit

skyblue
30-09-2015, 11:22 AM
Somebody has given me a sandpit and I'm looking for some ideas of what to put in it as I already have a sandpit with sand in and a separate water table. I was thinking maybe mud?! Any other suggestions please :-) xx

Tulip
30-09-2015, 12:14 PM
What about bark chippings or clean bagged up potting compost. Then add chunky tipper trucks etc and perhaps large stones for boulders x

loocyloo
30-09-2015, 12:21 PM
gravel?

or I was going to say bark chippings/compost. :D

blue bear
30-09-2015, 01:07 PM
Depends on the style but could you line in with cosy cushions/material and make it an outdoor reading area?, ball pit balls? If it's plastic make it a mark making zone, so white board pens, chalk, brushes and pots of water..

FloraDora
30-09-2015, 01:13 PM
Is it a big wood one?
I have some logs that I often put together as a square and the children create pictures in it with the loose materials...I leave baskets of bark, rings, slate, pebbles, glittery stones, wool, conkers etc... Some large twigs and logs and some small fillers...I Cover the base with white paper and they just create a huge picture. I take a photo, all the pieces are put back and another child does it...we used to always make one together, but now they've got the idea it is very much a lone activity, getting lost in their creations.

skyblue
30-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Oooh, I like all these ideas! Now I'm spoilt for choice!