PDA

View Full Version : Doh! could have had day off!

loocyloo
29-09-2015, 07:57 AM
DOH!

I have one LO on holiday.

mum of 2nd LO rang to say LO got a cough and cold, generally ok, but should LO come? ... I said yes, quiet day can be planned ...

THEN, 3RD LO mum rang, LO ill, not coming!

so .... if I'd known about 3rd LO, I could have suggested 2nd LO stayed at home, and had the day to myself !!! hey ho!

still have a quiet day, with a big sleep later! ( and that's just me! ;) )

have fun everyone!

Maza
29-09-2015, 08:14 AM
Oh no! Never mind, try and forget that you had the chance for a day off and celebrate that you only have one little one, one diary, one collection etc. If you had said to keep her at home mum might have been funny about paying you seeing as she made it your decision as to whether to come send LO in or not, so you've avoided any confusion there!

Enjoy your quiet day. x

Mouse
29-09-2015, 08:27 AM
Oh, what a shame. At least you can have an easy though!

I was miffed recently when I agreed to have an extra child for a day. His childminder had an appointment so I said I'd have the child as I only had 2 other EYs children that day. Then one of my regulars was off sick and the others went on holiday a day early, so all I had was this one child. I regretted saying I'd have him, but of course it was too late to change my mind. It was a hard day as well as he didn't cope well being here by himself and was incredibly clingy and whingy all day.

Maza
29-09-2015, 08:30 AM
Oh, what a shame. At least you can have an easy though!

I was miffed recently when I agreed to have an extra child for a day. His childminder had an appointment so I said I'd have the child as I only had 2 other EYs children that day. Then one of my regulars was off sick and the others went on holiday a day early, so all I had was this one child. I regretted saying I'd have him, but of course it was too late to change my mind. It was a hard day as well as he didn't cope well being here by himself and was incredibly clingy and whingy all day.

Oh gosh, it happens to us all at some point or other! I often find myself in positions like this throughout life, not just in childminding.