PDA

View Full Version : After School care/ club. Running in a hall

Chellewilks
28-09-2015, 01:16 PM
All information needed please!

Hi ladies,

My daughters village school don't do breakfast or after school clubs. Parents are struggling to find childcare, ( im the only childminder that picks up from this school and pick up from the next village school along, as again no childminders pick up from there. Very luck to be full at the moment, so unable to pick any more up. There is a small village hall down the road from the first school.

My question are:

Dose or has anyone run a after school club from a village hall?
With under 5s in tow?
Where do i start if i can do this?
Do i need any more qualifications than being a childminder?
Insurance?
Any other over heads?

I think this could be a great adventure, but just don't know where to start. Plus worried this could be to much stress or could it be easier having my after schoolies in a bigger place for more fun and games.

Any advice will be much appreciated

blue bear
28-09-2015, 05:00 PM
If you have your child,index children with you then you need to stick to childminding rules and ratios.
If you didn't then you can be a childminder by day and run an after school club after your mindees have gone home

Simona
29-09-2015, 08:15 AM
Chellewilks...you need to read this which becomes effective in January 2016 when you can work from various premises.
It implies you can have you cared for children with you as well as caring for after school children.

Childcare Measures: Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/childcare-measures-small-business-enterprise-employment-act

Cms will be allowed to operate from various premises without having to register for each one of them.
It was part of the consultation 'The regulation of childcare' and many cms expressed doubts on this but many will be happy to work elsewhere and mix provision.
You will find all the information in that link.