PDA

View Full Version : First contact with pre school

mumofone
28-09-2015, 11:55 AM
Hi all, I have a 4 year old mindee who attends pre school every morning then comes to me. I got his starting points from his parents when he first joined me, I then did mine and shared them with parents, parents and I pretty much agree. Now I need to make my first contact with the pre school about my "findings" and about working in partnership going forwards with them. Any advice on wording etc? Thank you :-)

BallyH
28-09-2015, 12:06 PM
Do you collect him from preschool? If yes you are already beginning to start a building a professional relationship with them. Ask to speak to his key worker at the next collection and say you want to work in partnership for the child. If you don't collect him, do the parents know the key worker's name? Phone them and introduce yourself and then say can you pop in one session, preferably when the child is there, so you can talk and also observe the child at a larger setting.

I have a good relationship with my preschool and now go in once a month and speak to all the keyworkers. But, it was all my doing!

Simona
29-09-2015, 08:28 AM
It is part of the CIF...as it was in the previous framework...that providers need to work in partnership.
Starting points are clearly defined in CIF as very important in inspections' judgement

I would say that making contact is something both providers need to do when the care of a child is shared
Also make sure parents play a very important role of linking those who care for their children

mumofone
29-09-2015, 01:09 PM
It is part of the CIF...as it was in the previous framework...that providers need to work in partnership. Starting points are clearly defined in CIF as very important in inspections' judgement I would say that making contact is something both providers need to do when the care of a child is shared Also make sure parents play a very important role of linking those who care for their children

Thanks Simona, that wasn't my question though, I know we need to work in partnership - my question was how best to do this. I was after wording for my email but have done it now anyway.

Simona
29-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Thanks Simona, that wasn't my question though, I know we need to work in partnership - my question was how best to do this. I was after wording for my email but have done it now anyway.

Apologies if I was unclear.
as the child has been with you but now attend preschool I was trying to say the preschool should 'initiate' contact with you as your assessment of the child'[s learning so far would be their starting points.
Hope you start a good partnership with them.