PDA

View Full Version : Sea beach project inspiration

mumofone
24-09-2015, 09:26 AM
Hi, I'm looking to do an under the sea/seaside/beach type activity with my mindees looking at shells, starfish etc. Has anyone got any inspiration for such a theme? Thank you :-) :-)

Simona
24-09-2015, 10:06 AM
What a coincidence you ask a question on 'themes'
That is the topic we discussed at EYTalking last Tuesday
Here is the link...see what practitioners say about themes...hope it helps

https://storify.com/EYTalking/themes-eytalking?utm_source=t.co&utm_campaign=&utm_content=storify-pingback&utm_medium=sfy.co-twitter&awesm=sfy.co_h18QI

loocyloo
24-09-2015, 12:50 PM
Search on pinterest and you'll get lots of ideas/books etc.

Mouse
24-09-2015, 01:19 PM
What are the ages of the children?

Over the years we've made lots of paper plate aquariums (google it for pictures), which the children really enjoy doing.

mumofone
24-09-2015, 01:37 PM
What are the ages of the children? Over the years we've made lots of paper plate aquariums (google it for pictures), which the children really enjoy doing.

Love it, thanks mouse, exactly the type of thing I was looking for :-) x

Mouse
24-09-2015, 01:54 PM
You can do it with a cardboard box as well. Make it a small, individual one for children to take home, or a bigger one you all do together :thumbsup:

FloraDora
24-09-2015, 03:00 PM
I have various pieces of material that I use in early years 'drama' play.
One set is blue sea material, rock printed and yellow which I use for sand.
I just leave them in a basket and the children usually start the play by exploring what's in the basket - you could add some buckets and spades and sea creatures. Then I help them set it up on the living room carpet ( not a wooden floor as material tends to slide) and we act out playing at the sea side, imagining the sea to be cold/ waves coming in/ splashing, running away from waves, looking in rock pools, etc.... Sometimes I play music - you could play I do like to be beside the seaside.....
I show them how to move the material ....the sea often comes right over us..it's lots of fun.