PDA

View Full Version : Ad hoc care - Advice please!

mumofone
23-09-2015, 06:12 PM
I was approached by a family with 2 school aged children needing after school care which I am happy to do. However I have to factor in another school aged mindee who I have to collect from a different school.
So, I told them I can pick up straight after school kicks out on some of the days but not on others. They want to go ahead cos they're struggling to find anyone I think but I don't know how to draw up a contract as the hours are going to be different each week and I think they want to tell me on kind of a week by week or 2 weekly basis or something so I need to be quite flexible. But I want to ensure I'm paid up front. I suggested they could pay me weekly maybe as opposed to 4 weekly. Sorry I'm waffling now but if anyone can help or advise me I would really appreciate it, thank you... :-)

mumofone
23-09-2015, 06:13 PM
Oh and what are the ratios for after school children (I would have 3) plus 1 EYFS child and my own 15 month old....

BallyH
23-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Ratios is a total of 6 children under 8 years old. What about asking for guaranteed hours every week, to be paid weekly.

Simona
24-09-2015, 08:35 AM
It will depend on what contract you use and what it says.
There are '2 types' of ad hoc care so you need to make sure you have the right one and do not lose money on your contract....make sure you get advice on this.

After school children can be from age 4 (once they go full time) to age 8...which ones you care for will be very important for your ratio...EYFS will be you guidance