PDA

View Full Version : Wii Fit

LittleAcorns
06-08-2008, 06:00 AM
Has anybody got one?? I was concidering re-joining the gym but then I've wanted one of these for a while now.

Checked Argos and all my local stores are out of stock :(

they retail at about £70 but compaired to a years subscription to the gym its not that much x

Monkey1
06-08-2008, 06:03 AM
A friend of mine has one and she says its brilliant. I don't do computers though!......well apart from my laptop when talking to you lovely ladies!

polobear1970
06-08-2008, 06:04 AM
Has anybody got one?? I was concidering re-joining the gym but then I've wanted one of these for a while now.

Checked Argos and all my local stores are out of stock :(

they retail at about £70 but compaired to a years subscription to the gym its not that much x

Hi,

I have one, just got last week, great fun :laughing:

I've also ordered the dance mat for it, which gets a great write up and is supposed to be good for getting you fit as well

Lisa

charleyfarley
06-08-2008, 06:05 AM
We have one and it's great although I have only been on it a couple of times :blush:

You could get really fit while having a great laugh,

Have you tried Woolworths, that's where we got ours from when no one else had got them.

Carol xx

caza
06-08-2008, 06:08 AM
I was speaking to someone on my First Aid course yesterday. She said she had one and that she lost a lot of weight using it. So am quite tempted to get one myself :rolleyes:

LOOPYLISA
06-08-2008, 06:54 AM
Yes brilliant, i was jogging the other day on ours, i was knackered:clapping:

Id say go get one x:D

angeldelight
06-08-2008, 06:55 AM
I think that they are great fun and a good laugh ............

When you use them that is !!!!

One of those fads that come and go I feel

Angel xx

emler
06-08-2008, 08:02 AM
I was looking for one online last week but couldn't find anywhere that had any in stock :(

Mrs.L.C
06-08-2008, 08:10 AM
we have one but unless you use it everyday I dont think its as good as going to the gym. The workouts are only 3 mins each but it does unlock new workouts as you go through and im hoping eventualy extends the times of the workouts.
However the dance mat is brilliant...I hope they bring more games out for it. Unfortunately its not wireless but worth every penny. Its the same as the ps1/2 dance mat but you can use the wii controler and nunchuck as well

patconn2
06-08-2008, 01:41 PM
We have one and its fantastic. I try to do a workout with it at least 3 times a week. Although the individual exercises are only a minute or two, its the combination of all the exercises together that give you the workout. I do muscle toning the aerobic then balance. Included in the aerobic is jogging. I am up to 10 mins now, you wouldn't get me jogging on the street for any amount of time :panic: Try hula hooping for 3 mins without stopping!
Also you can see your improvement by your score which helps motivate you.

Paula J
06-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Hi Asda's advertised on an e-mail that they had them in stock only got e-mail two days ago so gove your local one a call
Paula:)

cherry
06-08-2008, 01:50 PM
We got our's on Saturday from Blockbusters. It's brilliant, especially the Hula hoop. Also the step workout is good.

I just haven't got time for the gym, so when I get a few minutes spare I have a go, there is also an exercise that you can do while watching the TV.

Blackhorse
06-08-2008, 02:40 PM
I have one as well and I love it.
There are loads of things you can do...
one is a step- thing that you can do while the TV is on. The remote is giving you the speed indication and it is great fun. and you can do it for a long time too.
Also got a skiing game which is fab but quite hard I find.
I managed to unlock a lot of additional training but keep going back to my favourite fun ones.
I prefer it to the gym any day. I haven't done much on it lately cos the weather was not too bad (most days anyway) and then I rather go out for long walks with my dd.
I think with the wii fit it is fun as you can do things together as well and it keeps track of your best scores etc...
Also found it easier with a baby to do a few mins on the wii than to make my way to any gym.

Willowdancer
06-08-2008, 09:03 PM
I've also ordered the dance mat for it, which gets a great write up and is supposed to be good for getting you fit as well

Oooh I didn't know they did a dance mat for it! I shall add it to my wishlist. Maybe it could be a "woo hoo, got my first mindee!" present to myself when I eventually get one!!

I love my Wii Fit. I am fairly sure it will never turn me into an olympian but its definitely helping with my balance and posture, and the fitness test bit is definitely good for spurring you on :)

polobear1970
07-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Oooh I didn't know they did a dance mat for it! I shall add it to my wishlist. Maybe it could be a "woo hoo, got my first mindee!" present to myself when I eventually get one!!

I love my Wii Fit. I am fairly sure it will never turn me into an olympian but its definitely helping with my balance and posture, and the fitness test bit is definitely good for spurring you on :)

You go for it Ali you deserve it :jump for joy:

Lisa

cher25
07-08-2008, 08:57 PM
I have a wii fit and love it! Havent been on it in a couple of weeks as just started working full time and now need to find the energy to get back into it.lol
It definitely works though, i was losing a fair bit of weight, then went away for a week and ate nothing but chips and crisps.
They are hard to get though, i have a friend in scotland looking for 1 and she is having no luck.

buildingblocks
08-08-2008, 06:32 PM
i have been trying for so long to get hold of one as they are like gold dust. Our Woolworths have four pages of A4 as a waiting list. I have managed to order one from a catalogue but it won't be here until November but at least i know I have one eventually.

Minstrel
08-08-2008, 07:42 PM
We have the same book in our woolworths but i would say it is worth putting name on it as we are getting through ours quite quickly. Woolies is the official nintendo retailer currently so if anywhere will get them, they should.

FizzysFriends
09-08-2008, 09:41 AM
I got mine for Woolworths. You can get emails when they are in stock, thats how I got mine.

I think its really good and I really enjoy using it, when I used to go to the gym it used to be a chore going.

chels55
09-08-2008, 10:15 AM
got mine Tuesday
kept checking the local argos stores daily and eventually found one to reserve :clapping:
Its fantastic

kindredspirits
09-08-2008, 10:45 AM
:clapping: mine shoud be here within the next 4 weeks!! i ordered the Wii on buy now pay next year, and thats due before september. can't wait!! the stepkids have just got a wii (but not the fit yet) and me and dh had such a laugh!! i am also looking forward to the fact that although i won't be able to join a gym i can do some workouts without having to keep george away from the equipment, gave up o nthe cross trainer when he wanted to climb on with me!

fishbones1
15-08-2008, 08:59 AM
These are like gold dust, but don't pay above price for it. Ebay are really expensive. I got mine when we went for London for the day, so had to carry it around.

It is fab though, I love it, when friends come round they all want a go.

The dance mat is fab too. and nearer to christmas they are bringing out a double mat for two people to do games against each other (don't know what but looks great though)

I love the Wii, its so much fun!!!!!

littletreasures
15-08-2008, 09:59 AM
I am desperately trying to get hold of a Wii Fit Board at the moment, but everywhere's out of stock

fishbones1
15-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Apprently most places only get two in at a time so you need to keep looking.

I asked in tesco's and they siad they get 2 roughly each week or so and they go as quick as they come in.

I got mine 3 weeks ago in London, went out for day and hubby saw a sign in HMV and got 1 (only 2 there, just recieved them that morn) so I had to cart it around london on the back of the buggy (lucky me!!!!)

nannan
16-08-2008, 10:28 AM
mine is great, finally got mine in Zavvis, just a case of keep popping into the shops till they come in, had my name down on the list in woolworths but was lucky to get one before woolworths phoned me to say they now had them in stock. tescos also do them when they have the stock in, the exercises are great, and as has been said you can unlock others, and do them for longer then a couple of minuets.

Chatterbox Childcare
17-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Hi

If you log on to Argos and put in the Wii fit they will tell you it is out of stock but they will also give you an option of registering an interest and they will email when it is back in.

I got an email in 24 hours and knew before anyone else, got it reserved and now the kids won't get off of it

Have fun

Debbie

littletreasures
18-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Yaaaaayyy!!!!!

Phoned Sainsbury's on the off chance. Missed the last one in stock on Friday by 5 minutes. They had one left and put it by for me.

Just been up to get it. Can't wait to set it up, but will have to be after baby comes for settling in period.

tomthumb
18-08-2008, 06:33 PM
I love my wii fit. I go on it at least three times a week and I have unlocked everything!! It is so much fun and you feel the exercice as well. I have been on weight watchers diet and doing the wii fit and I have lost over a stone! Only 2 to go ahah!! I have heard of a lot of people who have lost weight on it.

Good luck and have fun.

Elodie X

Bushpig
18-08-2008, 09:51 PM
Oh gosh, this does sound good - best get my Christmas order in now then :)