PDA

View Full Version : Conker collecting

mumofone
17-09-2015, 05:43 PM
Anyone done or going to be doing this with their mindees? I don't have to risk assess it or anything silly do I?! :-)

FussyElmo
17-09-2015, 05:47 PM
Only if you are planning on sending a child or dh up the tree :littleangel::littleangel::littleangel:

FussyElmo
17-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Only if you are planning on sending a child or dh up the tree :littleangel::littleangel::littleangel:

Actually thinking about it I never ra'ed dh just stood at the bottom with my camera/video in my hand 😂😂😂😂

Mouse
17-09-2015, 08:12 PM
Anyone done or going to be doing this with their mindees? I don't have to risk assess it or anything silly do I?! :-)

I'm sure you automatically risk assess everything you do. Just because you don't write it down doesn't mean you don't do it. I bet you check for any dangers at the park (or wherever you go), you check the children won't run off, you check you have your mobile phone with you - everything you do is risk assessing.
I very much doubt you would go collecting conkers without giving any of it a second thought, therefore you have risk assessed it.

I wouldn't write a risk assessment for it, but I would be able to verbally explain that I had considered any risks.

Dragonfly
18-09-2015, 06:36 AM
Always take the children conker collecting, bit early at the moment. The parents hate it when they collect the children and they have conkers to take home .:o

natlou82
18-09-2015, 06:49 AM
Ha ha, perhaps take hard hats lol! I took a mindee last year and they were falling off left right and centre! Loads of fun I will definitely be doing again :-)

k1rstie
18-09-2015, 01:20 PM
Mine loved it last year, I think it's a bit early. With regard to risk assessments, I would not go in a gale or storm, and I would not throw sticks up into the trees.
The ground was about an inch think under a huge tree outside the local golf course.

FloraDora
18-09-2015, 07:53 PM
Have always done this....just nice now to have children to do it with again!
Spikey outer cases on the ground is always my RA and warning to the children.