PDA

View Full Version : When the inspector calls....

Simona
16-09-2015, 06:36 PM
...I have been thinking about this section in the CIF Inspection Handbook on page 10 (point 36) and wonder what CMs will tell the inspector when asked about any support received from any other setting's leader?

* establish whether the setting is either providing support for other settings or receiving it.
If so, inspectors should include this information, giving the names of the setting(s), in the ‘setting details’ section of the report.
This should include any such activity over the previous 12 months. Where a setting has received support from the leader of another setting, it will be important to establish the extent and the impact of this, to determine whether that leader should be nominated for recognition by Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector as an exceptional leader.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/early-years-inspection-handbook-from-september-2015

BallyH
16-09-2015, 07:31 PM
What about mentioning the support and advice we get from this site? Would we be able to mention people from here whose opinion and advice I value?

sarah707
16-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Absolutely MOH and any other websites you visit / groups you are on where you share good practice and advice with other professionals :D

Simona
16-09-2015, 08:01 PM
What about mentioning the support and advice we get from this site? Would we be able to mention people from here whose opinion and advice I value?

That means you would name soooo many leaders to be rewarded by Ofsted!
As this is a new twist in Ofsted recognition I 'assume' it would be someone who offers 'hands on' support with visits, help with practice and so on.
It got mentioned in EYTalking last night
CMs too could be well placed to be named for this recognition if they mentor or support another cm?

I have sneaky suspicion Ofsted is trying to address the fact LAs have decreased their support for providers and now trust us to do it instead? .....it's a wild guess.

Thank you for your reply....it triggers reflection.