PDA

View Full Version : Wilshaw committed to bring EY inspection in-house

Simona
16-09-2015, 05:45 PM
From reconsideration to commitment...that is what we like to hear!

Wilshaw committed to bringing early years inspections in-house | Children & Young People Now (http://www.cypnow.co.uk/cyp/news/1153754/wilshaw-committed-to-bringing-early-years-inspections-in-house)

loocyloo
16-09-2015, 07:26 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm .....

Simona
16-09-2015, 09:55 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm .....

I guess you are not amused by this UTurn by HMCI loocyloo? :o
Wish he never subcontracted inspections in the first place....it has not been a good move and brought nothing but trouble our way !

loocyloo
17-09-2015, 06:19 AM
I guess you are not amused by this UTurn by HMCI loocyloo? :o
Wish he never subcontracted inspections in the first place....it has not been a good move and brought nothing but trouble our way !

I'll just believe it when I see it! I've only had inspections with ofsted-never with an outsourced inspector but I'm aware of the problems there have been. I just wonder what made him change his mind!

Simona
17-09-2015, 07:16 AM
I'll just believe it when I see it! I've only had inspections with ofsted-never with an outsourced inspector but I'm aware of the problems there have been. I just wonder what made him change his mind!

I think we need to continue to pressure him to take EY back in house.

Ofsted Big Conversation has been the starting point as they have raised the problems arising from the outsourced providers from the very start and questioned why we need to be outsourced.
Let's hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Simona
21-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Loocyloo...Wilshaw gave evidence to the HoC Education Committee last week.
If you scroll to pages 17-19 it is about EY...interesting response from HMCI to say the least.... and he was asked about taking our inspections back-in-house

http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/committeeevidence.svc/evidencedocument/education-committee/the-work-of-ofsted/oral/21696.pdf

loocyloo
21-09-2015, 08:16 PM
Loocyloo...Wilshaw gave evidence to the HoC Education Committee last week.
If you scroll to pages 17-19 it is about EY...interesting response from HMCI to say the least.... and he was asked about taking our inspections back-in-house

http://data.parliament.uk/writtenevidence/committeeevidence.svc/evidencedocument/education-committee/the-work-of-ofsted/oral/21696.pdf

doesn't really say much. I was more concerned that he wanted headteachers to have a 'control' ( not the word he used, but its late and I'm tired and can't remember! ) over PVI settings and childminders!

Simona
21-09-2015, 11:15 PM
doesn't really say much. I was more concerned that he wanted headteachers to have a 'control' ( not the word he used, but its late and I'm tired and can't remember! ) over PVI settings and childminders!

Look at question 73.....it Has caused offence to many in EY
Maybe HMCI should think before making such dismissive statements ...his arrogance is offensive!