PDA

View Full Version : something so simple...

loocyloo
16-09-2015, 11:57 AM
I have 2 LOs today ... 22mth and 18mth ... They have spent ages putting curtain rings and bracelets on (and off and on and off ....) a seperated cake stand. ( sorry picture is sideways! edited to say ... sideways picture has vanished!)

I usually use a mug tree, but i noticed they were only putting them on the top.

And then, more hours of fun posting milk bottle tops through a hole cut in the top if a pringles tube!

Who needs toys?

Mouse
16-09-2015, 12:33 PM
My 11 month old mindee has spent the morning pulling all the baby wipes out of the box! I tried using an empty box with fabric pieces in it, but he wasn't interested, so we went back to the baby wipes! He pulled them all out, I put the back in, and he pulled them back out. He even worked out that if there wasn't a wipe in the slot he had to put his finger in to feel round for one :)

loocyloo
16-09-2015, 12:39 PM
My 11 month old mindee has spent the morning pulling all the baby wipes out of the box! I tried using an empty box with fabric pieces in it, but he wasn't interested, so we went back to the baby wipes! He pulled them all out, I put the back in, and he pulled them back out. He even worked out that if there wasn't a wipe in the slot he had to put his finger in to feel round for one :)

:0) mine used to love that too! And i also had a baby wipe box with fabric in and that never 'hit the spot' either!

loocyloo
16-09-2015, 12:41 PM
Adding sideways picture!

Maza
16-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Don't you just love that type of play? I only discovered this type of play when my DD was on the verge of growing out of it. I hate to say it but she did have lots of plastic toys and I used to wonder why she wouldn't play with them for longer than she did. She had a couple of really nice posting toys but they were much too hard as they were the usual star/hexagon etc. By the time she was able to match the shapes up, the stage where they desire to post everything had passed and so they never held her attention. I remember thinking that I should make her a simple one but never found the time as I kept making it more complicated and 'pretty' in my head than it needed to be. I have loved facilitating this type of play for all my baby/toddler mindees since then and marvel as to how long they will stay at such activities. I'm gutted that my DD didn't experience it too. x

lor
16-09-2015, 02:09 PM
Adding sideways picture!

Briilant idea but how did you put slot in the top with no sharpe edges.

Thanks in advance x x

loocyloo
16-09-2015, 03:46 PM
Briilant idea but how did you put slot in the top with no sharpe edges.

Thanks in advance x x

I just use scissors to cut a rectangle shape in the clear plastic pringle lid. :0)

I actually have a bag full of pringle lids with different sized holes! ... Some are small and round for straws, some for lolly sticks ... all the way up to (small) wooden blocks and cotton reels.

Maza
16-09-2015, 03:57 PM
I just use scissors to cut a rectangle shape in the clear plastic pringle lid. :0)

I actually have a bag full of pringle lids with different sized holes! ... Some are small and round for straws, some for lolly sticks ... all the way up to (small) wooden blocks and cotton reels.

How awesome! I love the fact that you don't even need to store loads of tubs, just the lids!

miffy
16-09-2015, 04:53 PM

That is brilliant!

Just need to eat more Pringles now!

Miffy xx

Mouse
16-09-2015, 05:29 PM
Last week one of my mindees went to get the post from the door and there were 2 of those christmas toy catalogues that are endlessly dropping through the door at this time of year.

He started looking through them, telling me what he wanted for Christmas! I usually throw them away, but he was really interested in them, so I gave him a pair of scissors, lots of paper and glue and told him he could cut them up. He sat for ages, engrossed in cutting and sticking. Dad looked horrified when he was handed about 2 dozen "christmas lists" :laughing: