View Full Version : Registering hubby as assistant

16-09-2015, 06:24 AM
Just wondering how easy this is to do. I basically would like a hand on school runs as some mindees have started doing various after school activities which means a lot of going back and forth (my own children are included in this). I am wary with regards to would it mean I'm employing him? I don't want to do that as I won't be paying him etc. if someone could advise me it would be appreciated. Thanks :-)

16-09-2015, 01:05 PM
You do not have to employ him or pay him. My husband is my assistant, no money changes hands, no contract etc.
Ofsted do not inspect on employment/wages etc as it is private and not within their area so no problem there. HMRC will not be interested if you are not paying him.
My DH just helps out when needed. You just need to do the Ofsted registration for him + paedriatric first aid.
You can add for £5 employees liability insurance to your PLI, I discussed it with my insurer and they said you still need it even if they are not paid and are your partner, for only £5 a year I wasn't going to argue.

16-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Your husband will also need to do a safeguarding course and get him to look at all your policies/procedures and get him to sign your 'whistle blowing' policy.

16-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Great thanks :-) very useful x