PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding observations

Rashi
15-09-2015, 08:44 AM
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my questions. Trying to get on top of my paperwork but concerned I am not doing it as well as I should be doing.

I use an EYFS tracker to log observations and create a learning journey. Is there a better way I could record these?

Does anyone have a next steps sheet that they have found useful?

Do I still have to do obs for a 3 yr old who attends school nursery and only comes to me before and after school?

Do I still have to do obs for a 3 yr old who attends my setting after school and overnight?

I work some weekend days, do I have to plan these days the same as I do my weekdays?

Does anyone have a useful activity planning sheet?

Sorry for asking so much but want to make sure I am doing my job to best of my ability.

Thanks in advance xx

hectors house
16-09-2015, 09:17 AM
Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with my questions. Trying to get on top of my paperwork but concerned I am not doing it as well as I should be doing.

I use an EYFS tracker to log observations and create a learning journey. Is there a better way I could record these? I now use an on-line learning journal, but your tracker should do the same things.

Does anyone have a next steps sheet that they have found useful? I just add the next steps on the bottom of the observation, sometimes the next steps could be - repeat the activity, sometimes it may be repeat it but add another resource. You could have a next steps sheet for each child and copy the next steps from the observations onto it - but this is making more work for yourself.

Do I still have to do obs for a 3 yr old who attends school nursery and only comes to me before and after school? Yes, and don't forget that you have to show how you attempt to communicate with the Nursery to show working in partnership - this is something I find useful with Tapestry on-line, as i have given the other Nurseries a log in and I can show an Ofsted inspector when (or if) they bothered to log on.

Do I still have to do obs for a 3 yr old who attends my setting after school and overnight? Yes

I work some weekend days, do I have to plan these days the same as I do my weekdays? - I guess if you are working then you should still have a similar structure to your days, unless these are purely one-off favour days

Does anyone have a useful activity planning sheet? Tapestry will generate next steps for me and I sometimes use these to plan an activity, sometimes I just purely follow what I know the children will enjoy - I have given up on written planning at the moment.

Sorry for asking so much but want to make sure I am doing my job to best of my ability.

Thanks in advance xx

I'm sure you are doing plenty, don't make too much work for yourself as you will soon find it unmanageable. :thumbsup: