View Full Version : Child going to nursery

14-09-2015, 08:29 AM
I've got a child who i have full time. Mom has informed me she put his name down last May, they have been in touch have a full time place for him, she still wants me to have him 2daya a week. Do I have to give nursery a transition document. Also the week he goes to nursery that week he will be two I will have to do a 2 year check. My heads in a spine as I've only had 4 hours sleep as my granddaughter banged her head and had concussion was moved to another hospital on a drip and would not responde to treatment at 3.30 this morning I spoke to her. She has to stay in all night. As they are 8 hours behind. As they live in San Franciso I had my daughter crying on the phone to me this is it when they live so far away.

14-09-2015, 09:34 AM
big hugs to you for your granddaughter and for being so far away. hope everything is improving.

I would give nursery a brief transition document, as it will help the LO settle. I would still do the 2 yr check, and also give a copy to the nursery. I would ask mum to sign and to ask nursery to sign a 'permission to share information' form and then you can all work together for the benefit of the child. even if the nursery are hard to work with, you have proof that you tried.


14-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Hi thanks for that she will be coming out soon just waiting for the drip to be taken out she was in the ICU all wired up. I thought that's what I had to do.

14-09-2015, 06:47 PM
2 things to find out before you take any action.

1. Does the nursery have its own transition form? I find that using the nursery's not only helps them, but also helps me to formulate what I put down on paper (not least because it's usually a single sheet where I'd write multiple pages.) Keep a copy filed as 'partnership working' evidence for your next inspectre.

2. Does mum have a date for the health visitor's 2 year check? The 2 year progress check should be written in time to inform the HV. I've already had 2 children who had to have their 2 year progress document completed before their 2nd birthday as the result of early HV appointments. The 2 year progress document should be done by the 'main setting': ie. where the lo spends most hours. The 'other' setting can have an input to give a complete picture. I'd say if the HV appointment is imminent, ask the nursery if you should complete the document, as you know the child. If the HV appointment is someway down the line, then the nursery may have chance to get to know the child better, so they could do the document with some helpful input from you.