PDA

View Full Version : That moment of panic when Ofsted's number flashes up on your phone...

Mouse
11-09-2015, 04:28 PM
...and you spend so long dithering, you miss the call and get an answer phone message instead.

Then, when you've decided you will phone back today rather than leave it till Monday, you have to spend 20 minutes on hold before being told they were just replying to an email you'd sent

So I had half an hour with my life flashing before me as I panicked about not being ready for my long-overdue inspection (which I am!), quickly followed by utter relief that I have got this weekend free from that stress :laughing:

blue bear
11-09-2015, 05:00 PM
I wonder if ofsted staff realise the insulted spin they send us into just by their number flashing up on the phones.

BallyH
11-09-2015, 05:11 PM
Ohh. I felt my heart rate go up when I was reading this. Enjoy your 'free' weekend.

FloraDora
11-09-2015, 05:23 PM
I wonder if ofsted staff realise the insulted spin they send us into just by their number flashing up on the phones.

In schools an Admin person rings - usually at lunchtime, to let you know that the Lead Inspector will call immenantly to discuss your inspection organisation which will happen tomorrow. I once was very laid back about this and the chap on the phone commented that I seemed quite calm, normally, he said ,his news sends people into a spin, he tries to be really nice and have a sympathetic voice....so they are aware of how the word 'Ofsted' churns stomachs!

hectors house
12-09-2015, 10:49 AM
I had them call a few weeks ago, I was just saying goodbye to a parent and noticed the number and said "Oh hell it's Ofsted phoning", she said how do you know and I said "I see the number in my nightmares, it's etched into my brain". When I answered it, it was in response to an e-mail I had sent them about my daughter moving back home - the chap tried to tell me I had to pay for a new DBS to be done, I told him to re-read the e-mail which stated quite clearly that even though my daughter had moved out 2 years ago that she was still registered as my assistant and that her enhanced CRB was still valid!

I can recognise the font Ofsted use too on written correspondence.

BallyH
12-09-2015, 01:36 PM
Yes! I also know their font on letters before I've opened them.

Simona
14-09-2015, 08:02 AM
Don't Ofsted put their logo on their 'brown' envelopes anymore?

I hope they are still doing that because the reason for starting that practice was to avoid their letters being opened in cases when they were delivered to the wrong address.

If that logo has been removed please report that to Ofsted...their letters can...at times...have confidential information which should not be for public consumption.

hectors house
14-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Don't Ofsted put their logo on their 'brown' envelopes anymore?

I hope they are still doing that because the reason for starting that practice was to avoid their letters being opened in cases when they were delivered to the wrong address.

If that logo has been removed please report that to Ofsted...their letters can...at times...have confidential information which should not be for public consumption.

Sure that my recent correspondence about the inspection changes came in a white envelope, definitely no logo.

Simona
14-09-2015, 04:03 PM
Sure that my recent correspondence about the inspection changes came in a white envelope, definitely no logo.

Now I am green with envy if you got all the info about the changes by post....could have saved myself hours searching online if I got that too!