PDA

View Full Version : Ratio question x

Jessymax
10-09-2015, 07:26 PM
This ma be daft but....

Obviously I know each child needs to have certain size square footage for age etc and you can only have 1 under one every day and then is it 3 under 5 with one of those being your under 1?

And maximum 6 a day? But obviously couple of these wil be schoolies..

Lastly is it on your pre reg you get told how many you can cater for due to size of house?

So many questions not enough time!

FussyElmo
10-09-2015, 07:49 PM
This ma be daft but....

Obviously I know each child needs to have certain size square footage for age etc and you can only have 1 under one every day and then is it 3 under 5 with one of those being your under 1?

And maximum 6 a day? But obviously couple of these wil be schoolies..

Lastly is it on your pre reg you get told how many you can cater for due to size of house?

So many questions not enough time!

The ratios are you can have 6 under 8. Of these only 3 may be under 5 and of these 3 only one may be under 1.

Simona
10-09-2015, 08:04 PM
The ratio for CMs is 6 under 8
Cms can decide to increase their number as per EYFS and as per Ofsted Gill Jones guidelines to CMs

Jessymax
10-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Who does floor space not play a v big part?

Jessymax
11-09-2015, 07:18 PM
So does floor space not play a part?

moggy
11-09-2015, 07:20 PM

EYFS Section 3, 3.57 explains the floor space rules

Mouse
12-09-2015, 06:05 AM

Floor space is very important and inspectors have been known to get a tape measure out to check it.

They will expect you to have measure it yourself so you know how many children you could fit in. They may limit the number you can care for if you don't have a lot of space.

Jessymax
12-09-2015, 06:37 AM
I have a bed room solely for childminding an open plan kitchen / lounge which is rather spacious and a conservatory... What do they do about furniture I.e dining table quite big but we would use a lot ?

Mouse
12-09-2015, 07:18 AM
Will you be using the bedroom for play, or is it just where the children will sleep? If it's a sleep room I wouldn't include it in floor space calculations.

The space requirements only apply to Early Years children, so a maximum of 3 (unless you plan on working with an assistant). When I work out my floorspace I don't include any space where the furniture isn't moved, so sofas, cupboards, dining table. I do include space where I can, and do, mover the furniture around, so the children's tables & chairs, toy boxes etc. My thinking is that if I needed more floor space I could move the children's stuff out and we'd manage without it, but I'm not likely to move out any of our furniture.