PDA

View Full Version : What are your recommendations for a low feeding chair?

Mouse
10-09-2015, 02:25 PM
I'm looking for a low chair that I can put the babies in to feed them. I don't want a high chair as the older children sit at child sized tables and I want the baby to be on the same low level.

I need it to have a tray that can be removed easily. I've seen some that have a tray, but it's fixed.

I've looked at some of the ones that you attach to a dining chair (which would be handy some of the time), but some say you can't use them on the floor. Some don't say don't use them on the floor, so I'd guess that you probably can with them.

Something that folds would be good, but that's not essential.

So, any suggestions?

clareelizabeth1
10-09-2015, 03:11 PM
I know a few who have cut the legs down on qn ikea high chair

Maza
10-09-2015, 03:17 PM
I always fancied the Community Playthings feeding chairs, but they are expensive. We have them at our Surestart centre but I could never bring myself to pay that amount. I never did find a cheaper one and stopped looking, as you do, once my mindee was past that stage. I looked after a 1 year old yesterday though and found myself wishing I had one.

Mouse
10-09-2015, 03:38 PM
I know a few who have cut the legs down on qn ikea high chair

Knowing me I'd end up with a wonky chair!

Now you mention it I think I've seen one similar to the Ikea chair that can have either short or long legs...off to search again!

Mouse
10-09-2015, 03:44 PM
I always fancied the Community Playthings feeding chairs, but they are expensive. We have them at our Surestart centre but I could never bring myself to pay that amount. I never did find a cheaper one and stopped looking, as you do, once my mindee was past that stage. I looked after a 1 year old yesterday though and found myself wishing I had one.

I would love the Community Playthings chairs, but can't justify the cost.

I so nearly had a couple of them a few years ago. We were being given a grant and had to spend it on specific things, one of them being CP chairs. I chose 2 with trays and would only have had to pay about £30 towards them. A week after the applications had been approved the LA ran out of money and cancelled all grants before we received anything :crying::ohdear:

Maza
10-09-2015, 04:58 PM
I would love the Community Playthings chairs, but can't justify the cost.

I so nearly had a couple of them a few years ago. We were being given a grant and had to spend it on specific things, one of them being CP chairs. I chose 2 with trays and would only have had to pay about £30 towards them. A week after the applications had been approved the LA ran out of money and cancelled all grants before we received anything :crying::ohdear:

Oh no, how annoying. It would have been a fantastic thing to have - especially two of them!

mama2three
11-09-2015, 07:10 AM
how about one like this?
WOODEN HIGH CHAIR 3in1 - BABY - COMBINATION - PINE WOOD - HIGHCHAIR | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOODEN-HIGH-CHAIR-3in1-BABY-COMBINATION-PINE-WOOD-HIGHCHAIR-/221658259010?hash=item339bdc9e42)

Mouse
11-09-2015, 08:04 AM
how about one like this?
WOODEN HIGH CHAIR 3in1 - BABY - COMBINATION - PINE WOOD - HIGHCHAIR | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WOODEN-HIGH-CHAIR-3in1-BABY-COMBINATION-PINE-WOOD-HIGHCHAIR-/221658259010?hash=item339bdc9e42)

Thanks M23. I have had those before but the trays screw on and can't easily be taken off. I'd really like something with a tray that can be clipped on & off.