PDA

View Full Version : Water "painting"

mumofone
08-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Can anyone explain the concept of this to me? I fail to see what's learnt or achieved by it to be brutally honest but it seems all the rage at the moment. My mindee did it this morning at pre school but what he gleaned from doing so I'm still completely unsure!!

FussyElmo
08-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Can anyone explain the concept of this to me? I fail to see what's learnt or achieved by it to be brutally honest but it seems all the rage at the moment. My mindee did it this morning at pre school but what he gleaned from doing so I'm still completely unsure!!

Mark making.
Gross motor skills all good in preparation for learning to write.

bunyip
08-09-2015, 04:53 PM
..............and it spares them the demeaning experience of watching mummy put their wonderful 'artwork' in the recycling. :rolleyes:

Lal
08-09-2015, 05:19 PM
.....the concept of wet/ dry, comparing how long things take to dry (sun vs shade), mark making, motor skills, brush skills, the opportunity to 'have a go' and develop confidence in mark-marking and creative activities in a non-permanent way, .........

And what do we get out of it........ doesn't make a mess or use up paint! :)

FussyElmo
08-09-2015, 08:14 PM
..............and it spares them the demeaning experience of watching mummy put their wonderful 'artwork' in the recycling. :rolleyes:

and if we are really clever we can get them to mark make all over the outside toys cleaning them as they go :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Mouse
08-09-2015, 08:17 PM
and if we are really clever we can get them to mark make all over the outside toys cleaning them as they go :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Especially if you get them to use a scrubbing brush instead of a paint brush!

smurfette
08-09-2015, 08:27 PM
What is achieved is peace and quiet for us lol! Mine adore this and will spent ages at it !

loocyloo
08-09-2015, 09:16 PM
mine were carefully 'mark making' with water all over the outside toys this afternoon, whilst we looked at them and had a tidy up!

but also everything fussy elmo, and Lal said !

I think most importantly, its the gross motor movements, getting ready for writing skills in the future.

tess1981
09-09-2015, 06:53 AM
Mine love water play of any kind and when I hand them paint brushes with bowls of water I can get ages of them being entertained and me getting on with things :)