PDA

View Full Version : How to ask nicely for food

catanmax
04-09-2015, 01:49 PM
Hey all. Just wondered if you can give me a bit of advice. My annual childminding inspection is later this month and I'm going thru paperwork and forms. Making sure all is up to date. I am going to send a letter home to parents to advise them about that and give them updated consent forms to sign.

I have two kids in one family I mind and their parents send either very little snacks, or unhealthy stuff eg. Sweets, crisps. Does anyone else have a sheet they give to parents to advise them on food or can advise how to word this? I feel I'm always handing out snacks because they don't have enough.

Thanks in advance. :)

Simona
05-09-2015, 08:32 AM
Hey all. Just wondered if you can give me a bit of advice. My annual childminding inspection is later this month and I'm going thru paperwork and forms. Making sure all is up to date. I am going to send a letter home to parents to advise them about that and give them updated consent forms to sign.

I have two kids in one family I mind and their parents send either very little snacks, or unhealthy stuff eg. Sweets, crisps. Does anyone else have a sheet they give to parents to advise them on food or can advise how to word this? I feel I'm always handing out snacks because they don't have enough.

Thanks in advance. :)

If you allow parents to provide their own food for children you can add a short 'agreement' as to what food you would not welcome or suggest what you feel would be good so all children have the same rule.
Some schools do this and do not accept chocolate or crisps...no reason why you can't do so.

Also mention to the mum that the snack needs to be looked at again as the children appear hungry.
The alternative is that you will charge for any extra food you provide....be clear on this and see what mum says.
If mum won't pay extra for your food look at reviewing your fees as necessary to cover this.

catanmax
06-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Thanks simona, thats good advice. cx

If you allow parents to provide their own food for children you can add a short 'agreement' as to what food you would not welcome or suggest what you feel would be good so all children have the same rule.
Some schools do this and do not accept chocolate or crisps...no reason why you can't do so.

Also mention to the mum that the snack needs to be looked at again as the children appear hungry.
The alternative is that you will charge for any extra food you provide....be clear on this and see what mum says.
If mum won't pay extra for your food look at reviewing your fees as necessary to cover this.