PDA

View Full Version : Offering funded places

mumofone
02-09-2015, 03:33 PM
Am I right in thinking that in order to do this you need to have had at least one inspection (and not the pre reg one)?

Lal
02-09-2015, 04:27 PM
No- it just means that you won't get the extra for being good or outstanding. I've just been approved for 2, 3 and 4 yr old funding. :)

moggy
02-09-2015, 04:55 PM
No- it just means that you won't get the extra for being good or outstanding. I've just been approved for 2, 3 and 4 yr old funding. :)

Not all LAs offer extra for good/outstanding anyway. Ours do not.
You do not need to be inspected, just talk to your LA about their proceedure for registering.

greenfaerie
02-09-2015, 06:27 PM
What they said. :) Upon successful Ofsted registration my LA sent me an email and a form about registering with them to provide funded care.

TinyTinker
02-09-2015, 06:34 PM
depends on your LA I believe :)

Simona
03-09-2015, 07:43 AM
Am I right in thinking that in order to do this you need to have had at least one inspection (and not the pre reg one)?

The pre registration visit is NOT an inspection.
Your 1st inspection will be WITHIN 30 months of the registration visit....or earlier if Ofsted receive any information to trigger an earlier one.

Some LA allow CMs to do funding while waiting so you would need to ring your EY team Mumofone and get the right information directly from them.
If you look at the DfE Guidance to the LAs about funding you will also find all the info in there.

mumofone
03-09-2015, 07:55 AM
The pre registration visit is NOT an inspection. Your 1st inspection will be WITHIN 30 months of the registration visit....or earlier if Ofsted receive any information to trigger an earlier one. Some LA allow CMs to do funding while waiting so you would need to ring your EY team Mumofone and get the right information directly from them. If you look at the DfE Guidance to the LAs about funding you will also find all the info in there.

Yes I know that simona!!!!! I was just putting it in my post to be clear (though looks like it did the opposite!) x

Simona
03-09-2015, 08:02 AM
Yes I know that simona!!!!! I was just putting it in my post to be clear (though looks like it did the opposite!) x

Sorry Mumofone but if you knew why ask for support with that particular question?
You might have been clear on your aim but it wasn't to those who offered you the support and information.
I hope it helped!

mumofone
03-09-2015, 08:09 AM
Sorry Mumofone but if you knew why ask for support with that particular question? You might have been clear on your aim but it wasn't to those who offered you the support and information. I hope it helped!

No, I knew that the pre reg visit is NOT an inspection.

natlou82
03-09-2015, 09:54 PM
In my LA you have to have had an inspection and rated "good" or "outstanding" to offer funded places. It looks like all LA's have different criteria so worth contacting :-)

crumpet54
03-09-2015, 10:08 PM
I agree with previous replies - speak direct to your LA as it is so different!
Mine have said you can do it straight away if you want to but tbh the rate here is appalling so I won't be offering!

Simona
04-09-2015, 08:07 AM
Mumofone....if you were to check the DfE guidance 'Early Education and Childcare' Statutory Guidance for LAs Sept 2014 you would find the information in there

Look at page 10-11 and it will tell you what LAs can do in terms of who they fund according to 'grade and time of inspection'
Because of this guidance each LA varies so check directly with your EY team and ask what their 'requirements' are which are also mentioned in the guidance
Good luck!

mumofone
04-09-2015, 08:13 AM
Mumofone....if you were to check the DfE guidance 'Early Education and Childcare' Statutory Guidance for LAs Sept 2014 you would find the information in there Look at page 10-11 and it will tell you what LAs can do in terms of who they fund according to 'grade and time of inspection' Because of this guidance each LA varies so check directly with your EY team and ask what their 'requirements' are which are also mentioned in the guidance Good luck!

Thank you I'll read that and contact my LA to find out :-)