PDA

View Full Version : Need LA £ costs again please

AliceK
02-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Hi
A while ago someone (Simona I think?) posted on here a link to a list of all the £'s per hr each authority pays to the provider for the free childcare. I am in the middle of filling out the survery for Deloitte and need the figures but typically I can't find it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction please??? I've looked everywhere and can't find it online anywhere.

Thanks xx

Simona
02-09-2015, 02:29 PM
Hi
A while ago someone (Simona I think?) posted on here a link to a list of all the £'s per hr each authority pays to the provider for the free childcare. I am in the middle of filling out the survery for Deloitte and need the figures but typically I can't find it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction please??? I've looked everywhere and can't find it online anywhere.

Thanks xx

I got sent one of those 'follow up' consultation invitations too but have not looked at it yet.
Do we need to know our own LAs rates or all of them?

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/392709/Hourly_rates_for_2-year-olds__2015_to_2016.pdf

AliceK
02-09-2015, 02:47 PM
I got sent one of those 'follow up' consultation invitations too but have not looked at it yet.
Do we need to know our own LAs rates or all of them?

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/392709/Hourly_rates_for_2-year-olds__2015_to_2016.pdf

Thanks Simona. This is for the 2yr olds, do you have one for 3/4yr olds? I have looked on DfE website but can only see the 2yr old one?

I am nearly complete doing the Deloitte survey. They only need the £ for your own LA.

Thanks xx

mumofone
02-09-2015, 02:59 PM
Hi A while ago someone (Simona I think?) posted on here a link to a list of all the £'s per hr each authority pays to the provider for the free childcare. I am in the middle of filling out the survery for Deloitte and need the figures but typically I can't find it now. Can anyone point me in the right direction please??? I've looked everywhere and can't find it online anywhere. Thanks xx

Ooh Id like to see this too please :-)

AliceK
02-09-2015, 03:24 PM
Just realised the document on Dfe gives the hourly rate that LA's receive NOT what they pay providers.

I've just managed to get hold of the person at my LA who deals with the funding so I now have the £'s rate that providers actually get. Deloitte survey now completed and sent.

Thanks for all your help.

xxx

Simona
02-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Just realised the document on Dfe gives the hourly rate that LA's receive NOT what they pay providers.

I've just managed to get hold of the person at my LA who deals with the funding so I now have the £'s rate that providers actually get. Deloitte survey now completed and sent.

Thanks for all your help.

xxx

Yes ...it is what they 'receive' but not necessarily what they pass on
In some LAs the rate may be higher than that......my LA is an example

The one you were thinking about for 3/4 year olds is a 'comparison' tool kit
Did you opt to be contacted again by Deloitte for the next step?

Good to see there is a follow up on this consultation but depressing to read only 2000 people bothered to respond....that is disheartening!

AliceK
02-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Yes ...it is what they 'receive' but not necessarily what they pass on
In some LAs the rate may be higher than that......my LA is an example

The one you were thinking about for 3/4 year olds is a 'comparison' tool kit
Did you opt to be contacted again by Deloitte for the next step?

Good to see there is a follow up on this consultation but depressing to read only 2000 people bothered to respond....that is disheartening!

I agree :(. This is in ALL our interests whether we currently offer the funding or not!!

I have just had a very long conversation with the guy at my LA who deals with the funding, he is panicking about this as much as we are, he knows at the present rates he will not have enough providers to supply the "free" hours that will be needed. At present only 10% of his registered childminders offer the funding.

xxx

Simona
03-09-2015, 07:59 AM
[/B]

I agree :(. This is in ALL our interests whether we currently offer the funding or not!!

I have just had a very long conversation with the guy at my LA who deals with the funding, he is panicking about this as much as we are, he knows at the present rates he will not have enough providers to supply the "free" hours that will be needed. At present only 10% of his registered childminders offer the funding.

xxx

You are right...I dread what the govt will make of the poor response when it comes to the final decision on the funding review.
We seem to have handed the DfE with a gift on a plate....interesting times ahead.

Cms are notoriously the ones that...so far...have been able to choose whether to do funding or not
I hope that choice will continue to be open to them in future....fingers crossed!

I better go and do that survey!

Mouse
03-09-2015, 09:18 AM
Which survey are we talking about? And what is the follow up?

I completed the one asking for costings that closed in August and another one that asked more specific questions (can't remember who that was for), but I've not had any follow up to do.

Which is the one that has been completed by 2000 people?

Simona
03-09-2015, 09:49 AM
We are talking about the Funding review consultation

Those who said they would like to be contacted are being asked to provide additional information.
I suppose they are choosing a sample not all of them.

2000 is the number of providers, LAs, schools and parents who responded to the consultation