PDA

View Full Version : Dont you just love it when things get lost

JCrakers
01-09-2015, 11:46 AM
Mindee (3) was due to start Preschool Easter 2015 but due to family moving house they decided at the last minute to hold off on the Preschool. I'd already given them a communication book which was meant to go to and from Preschool and myself but because the Preschool didn't happen the book was left at home.

I asked for it back a couple of times to no avail but now mindee starts Preschool next week I asked for the book again as I need to put some things in it. But its lost, disappeared off the face of the earth.

So........I have to make another one because I have so little to do the moment....I have so much spare time :D

chris goodyear
01-09-2015, 12:03 PM
I know just how you feel as I gave my 2 year old check sheets to the parents to fill in their bit and sign and return. Asked a couple of times then ---------- when my inspector was sitting in my kitchen dad comes in and says 'I'm so sorry but we can't find the sheet that we had to sign, have you got another one and I'll do it now'!!!! Inspector asked if I had taken a copy (which I hadn't) or I will have to do another one as it is very important to have this in his file. I can't remember what stage he was at when I wrote it - that's how long the parents had it - so I'll either not bother or make things up. He'll be in school by the time I'm inspected again so I think I'll do my first option!

Maza
01-09-2015, 12:44 PM
It's always a gamble when you send things home. Very annoying.

JCrakers
01-09-2015, 12:53 PM
It's always a gamble when you send things home. Very annoying.

Yes...although the book is supposed to stay in her bag so it can go in between carers. :D

TinyTinker
01-09-2015, 02:32 PM
I used to do daily diaries, but found they would be taken out of the bag to be read and not put back - not sure what's worse, that or them just staying in the bag obviously un-read! lol

I then started to give daily diaries as an option - and guess what, most parents opted out!