PDA

View Full Version : Activities time

Hello you
30-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Hi everybody,

How long do you spend doing activities with children for example painting time or play dough?
For how long do they keep interested in?
Thank you!

FussyElmo
31-08-2015, 07:27 AM
Hi everybody,

How long do you spend doing activities with children for example painting time or play dough?
For how long do they keep interested in?
Thank you!

How long is a piece of string.

Sometimes they no interest sometimes they can spend half an hour or so.

It's all dependent on the age of the child as they get older they spend more time (however some children dont).
Whether or not it catches their imagination.
Or sometimes they just want to do something else

mumofone
31-08-2015, 07:29 AM
I find this I can plan a great activity and after ten minutes the three year old says I dont want to do this anymore....I find I just have to go with the flow.

bunyip
31-08-2015, 08:11 AM
Definition of a planned or "adult-led" activity =

.....anything which takes at least 1/2 hour to plan before the day; at least 1/2 an hour to shop or collect resources; at least 1/2 hour to set up; at least 1/2 hour to tidy up afterwards.................... and will keep the children interested for no more than 5 minutes.

It is an additional prerequisite that the following equation must apply to any planned or "adult-led" activity:

C > F(NxT)

Where,
C is the cost of materials expended
F is the childminder's standard fee per child
N is the number of participating children
T is the time or duration of the activity

Hello you
31-08-2015, 04:12 PM
Absolutely true, such a BIG JOB for them and sometimes they even do not want to know what we have planned!
Very unfair for us :(

Definition of a planned or "adult-led" activity =

.....anything which takes at least 1/2 hour to plan before the day; at least 1/2 an hour to shop or collect resources; at least 1/2 hour to set up; at least 1/2 hour to tidy up afterwards.................... and will keep the children interested for no more than 5 minutes.

It is an additional prerequisite that the following equation must apply to any planned or "adult-led" activity:

C > F(NxT)

Where,
C is the cost of materials expended
F is the childminder's standard fee per child
N is the number of participating children
T is the time or duration of the activity