PDA

View Full Version : Best way to advertise

mumofone
28-08-2015, 03:03 PM
I had a flurry of enquiries through childcare.co.uk when I first registered but things have since gone very quiet. What do you find the best most successful way to advertise is? I'm going to try local publications next..

Mouse
28-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Most of my work has come through word of mouth. I get recommended by other childminders, existing & previous parents, friends, people who know me through schools, nurseries, toddler groups etc.

I also pick up work through childcare.co.uk. I message people, even those I don't seem ideal for (ie. I can't offer the right days or hours) and tell them what vacancies I have got. You find some are actually more flexible about work hours that it seems. I have also messaged people who say they're looking for a babysitter or nanny and ask if they've considered a childminder.

Facebook seems a popular way of advertising, although haven't tried that myself.

TinyTinker
28-08-2015, 07:31 PM
I have had to let my gold membership drop as there has only been one new family anywhere near me advertise on childcare.co.uk for the last year! I cannot warrant £19.99 to message one person a month who may not use my services anyway! There used to be lots more on there - not sure what changed - maybe facebook became more popular I don't know.

I have had a few through facebook, but majority of my enquiries come from my website. I also have logo tops, car signs etc.

FussyElmo
29-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Childcare.co.uk and our local FIS (or whatever it is called now )

Richard
09-09-2015, 09:30 AM
The Childcare.co.uk website is busier than it has ever been. We currently have over 1300 new parents registering every day seeking childminders.

Lal
09-09-2015, 10:49 AM
For me its been word of mouth, business cards at the school and childcare.co.uk.