PDA

View Full Version : EEE audit

childminder54
26-08-2015, 11:18 PM
Has anybody had a audit lately for 15 hours funding

Simona
27-08-2015, 07:31 AM
Has anybody had a audit lately for 15 hours funding

Do you mean the check the LAs do to ensure we are providing 15 hours of 'free' childcare?
or any other audit?

Mouse
27-08-2015, 07:43 AM
I had an audit earlier this year.

It was very straight forward. The LA sent me a list of questions they would be asking and details of the information & paperwork they needed to see. I had it all ready, neatly set out in a folder, so they were only here for about 45 mins.

I had to show them how I invoiced parents to show that the funded hours were free, how I recorded attendance, completed funding contracts for parents (provided by the LA), proof of funding payments being received into my bank account etc.

Simona
27-08-2015, 08:49 AM
LAs have a duty to check we invoice parents and the 15 hours are FREE of Charge ...so yes we must show invoices for funded children
Yes we need to record attendance but we cannot be penalised if children do not attend and there question marks on whether we hand funding back

LAs send funding into our bank accounts but they have no right to look at our bank accounts

Please refer to this guidance pages 4-5
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/351592/early_education_and_childcare_statutory_guidance_2 014.pdf