Help are grants still available for start up costs? Thanks

Simona
25-08-2015, 09:51 PM

They should be as the scheme was extended
Check the DfE website or contact your LA who will signpost you

Simona
26-08-2015, 06:57 AM
Sorry to come back to you on this Jessymax.

Reading your other threads I take it you are a newly registered cm who has just had her 1st inspection?
you asked how long before you received your certificate...if I read correctly.

When you approached your LA ...or whoever you did approach to start the registration process...were you not told the DfE has Start up Grants for new cms?

I am curious as the grants are under claimed for...did your LA not mention you could get a little bit of financial help?
if not that is rather puzzling.

mumofone
26-08-2015, 09:12 AM

Just google childminder grant and it comes up and shows you what to do. No need to involve the Local authority at all, dead easy just pm me if you need help :-) good luck

Simona
26-08-2015, 09:26 AM
Just google childminder grant and it comes up and shows you what to do. No need to involve the Local authority at all, dead easy just pm me if you need help :-) good luck

The LAs can and should 'sign post' any new cm towards the paperwork required to apply for the grant...it should be part of the initial briefing.

Those new cms who know how to go about it can apply directly
Here is who you send the application to

Childcare Business Grants Scheme - Home page (http://www.childcarebusinessgrants.dcms.gov.uk/)

Jessymax
26-08-2015, 08:31 PM
Thanks both x

TinyTinker
28-08-2015, 09:04 AM
I think grants depend greatly on your LA - mine have no funding or grants to help with anything at the moment, including training :(

Simona
28-08-2015, 09:25 AM
I think grants depend greatly on your LA - mine have no funding or grants to help with anything at the moment, including training :(

The start up grant for any childcare business is from the DfE ...not the LAs
LAs should sign post any new registering providers on how to apply for one....if not the link below is the one to spread
Even CMs agencies ca n apply for a start up grant :angry: