PDA

View Full Version : Childminding as a couple

Shabette
25-08-2015, 05:53 PM
I'm currently a registered childminder and see my husband through the day due to his work commitments. I love spending this time with him and he has really loved being around the mindees more often and is becoming really taken with it. We have now considered registering him aswell and becoming a childminding couple - has anyone any experience of this? Would people like this idea of have reservations about it? It would be a big risk for him to take the time away from his current employment which he's not really happy with and it would mean we get to spend more time together with our children as well as others.

sarah707
25-08-2015, 07:35 PM
I work with my partner - it's lovely and we really feel the children benefit from our different styles :D

moggy
25-08-2015, 07:41 PM
I'd love to do this, but to maximise our income (which we'd need to if DH gave up his job) we'd need 3 EY each and the thought of trying to mange 6 with buggies, cots, highchairs etc does concern me. If we had the space...!!

TinyTinker
26-08-2015, 12:58 PM
we do it! we only take max 4 under 3's between us tho. We have 4 travel cots, 2 highchairs, 4 boosters at the table, a triple and a double pushchair :)

It works for us :)