PDA

View Full Version : Starting points.....

Amanda70
24-08-2015, 02:00 PM
I have a child starting with me in September for three days a week and take to nursery and back. My question is am I expected to do observations and L.J.

If so how is the best way to get the starting points? I was going to give a tracker to his mum and ask her to highlight where she thinks he is, does this sound right?

Simona
24-08-2015, 03:33 PM
I have a child starting with me in September for three days a week and take to nursery and back. My question is am I expected to do observations and L.J.

If so how is the best way to get the starting points? I was going to give a tracker to his mum and ask her to highlight where she thinks he is, does this sound right?

I believe we are supposed to point parents to the new 'What to expect, when?' so that parents can look at their child development so far.
This will give you the child's Starting points from which you can then plan and then track progress
In the new inspection framework 'starting points' are something Ofsted will look for

What to expect, when? A parents' guide | From pregnancy to children aged 5 (http://www.foundationyears.org.uk/2015/03/what-to-expect-when-a-parents-guide/)

You will have to do your own obs/LJ ...depends on how much time the child is at the nursery...hopefully you will be able to work with them and the parents ad co-operate together