PDA

View Full Version : Putting things into perspective today

vals
22-08-2015, 02:24 PM
I have Ofsted next week my girls have gone with their dad to the local airshow while I clean and get organised.
Eldest rang me to say a plane has crashed. Its a bad one, apparently landed on a road and people have died. My girls can't get home because all the roads are closed, and I just want to give them a hug but can't get there. Suddenly Ofsted doesn't seem to matter.

Simona
22-08-2015, 03:11 PM
I have Ofsted next week my girls have gone with their dad to the local airshow while I clean and get organised.
Eldest rang me to say a plane has crashed. Its a bad one, apparently landed on a road and people have died. My girls can't get home because all the roads are closed, and I just want to give them a hug but can't get there. Suddenly Ofsted doesn't seem to matter.

Yes very tragic accident...think about your family not Ofsted!
Hope your children are ok

mumofone
22-08-2015, 05:58 PM
I have Ofsted next week my girls have gone with their dad to the local airshow while I clean and get organised. Eldest rang me to say a plane has crashed. Its a bad one, apparently landed on a road and people have died. My girls can't get home because all the roads are closed, and I just want to give them a hug but can't get there. Suddenly Ofsted doesn't seem to matter.

Aw absolutely good luck with OFSTED let us know how you get on :-) xx

vals
22-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Thanks, they walked some of the way home and I drove some until we met. Because its by the sea there aren't many roads so the police closed them all off to keep them clear for the emergency vehicles.
It all feels very weird now, so close to something so awful but we all have to carry on. Think I might be sharing my bed tonight!
As for Ofsted, I might not have the gleaming clean bathroom etc that was planned but so what. She isn't a childminder fan anyway so not got any big expectations.

Maza
22-08-2015, 08:21 PM
It's amazing how we let our life revolve around Ofsted inspections when they are due.

Enjoy being back with your girls and good luck with your inspection. xxx

hectors house
23-08-2015, 12:45 PM
Glad your family is safe and sound and back home with you now - saw a video of the crash on the internet - quite shocking. Forget Ofsted and hug your children

FloraDora
23-08-2015, 01:23 PM
Awful accident, so glad that your family are fine - my oldest is visiting in laws and friends in Brighton this weekend and so my heart pounded too when I heard, he used to live in Hove and so I know that road well and prayed he wasn't visiting friends in Littlehampton!
It's just so sad when you hear of things like this and my heart goes out to the families. Such young men.

On the Ofsted front - when I researched my inspector I could only find nursery reports and got myself all wound up about how she would be comparing me to her usual inspections of nurseries and how much more favourable they might look with their space and resources- but she was great - so don't worry, she cannot have personal opinions, she has to inspect on what she sees.
Hope your family and you are recovering from witnessing this disaster and all goes well this week.

Simona
23-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Awful accident, so glad that your family are fine - my oldest is visiting in laws and friends in Brighton this weekend and so my heart pounded too when I heard, he used to live in Hove and so I know that road well and prayed he wasn't visiting friends in Littlehampton!
It's just so sad when you hear of things like this and my heart goes out to the families. Such young men.

On the Ofsted front - when I researched my inspector I could only find nursery reports and got myself all wound up about how she would be comparing me to her usual inspections of nurseries and how much more favourable they might look with their space and resources- but she was great - so don't worry, she cannot have personal opinions, she has to inspect on what she sees.
Hope your family and you are recovering from witnessing this disaster and all goes well this week.

Hear Hear Flora Dora!
No comparison between CMs home based childcare and nurseries....despite their space.
Mind you who can compare their outdoors with CMs always out and about in the community?

I wouldn't say they always have the best resources....I have seem some poor ones in nurseries!
I agree inspectors must not have personal opinions or preferences....I have met many inspectors who love inspecting CMs!

vals
23-08-2015, 03:04 PM
Hear Hear Flora Dora!
No comparison between CMs home based childcare and nurseries....despite their space.
Mind you who can compare their outdoors with CMs always out and about in the community?

I wouldn't say they always have the best resources....I have seem some poor ones in nurseries!
I agree inspectors must not have personal opinions or preferences....I have met many inspectors who love inspecting CMs!

This inspector is doing the rounds in my area and we have a close childminding network so already know what she has been like with others. i don't mind that much as long as I can still do my job when she has left.

vals
23-08-2015, 03:08 PM

When its an area you are familiar with it seems so much more real. Glad you eldest is ok. So many people were on that road that we know, a few minutes before or after, feels very strange and sad. Glad i have my family at home and feeling grateful.